WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server site: motojk.com

Greetings,

I’m getting the following type of errors in the error_log file and the site/page won’t load when this happens. I’ve tried working with the hosting service and they can’t seem to find what needs to change in the server configuration to fix. Can you help with what versions of php and configurations might help eliminate this issue? This is only happening with your theme (I have several others I am using on the same server).

NOTE: These were cut and pasted from nano editor so the error is not complete.

28-Feb-2019 19:38:05 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT meta_id FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key = ‘_cs_generated_styles’ AND post_id = 8 made by require('wp-blo$
[28-Feb-2019 19:38:35 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (189) ORDER BY meta_id ASC made by requi$

[28-Feb-2019 19:38:35 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (189) ORDER BY meta_id ASC made by requi$
[28-Feb-2019 19:43:07 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query
SELECT ID, post_name, post_parent, post_type
FROM wp_posts
WHERE post_name IN (‘tours’)
AND post_type IN (‘page’,‘attachment’)
made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, WP_Query->parse_query, get_page_by_path
[28-Feb-2019 19:43:37 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE ID = 56 LIMIT 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once('wp-includes/t$

Hi Charles,

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Basically these connection lost issues are related to hosting uptime or you need to closely monitor the web server, database server to identify possible causes. This should be done by your hosting provider by analyzing their logs.

As to server configurations, WordPress recommends the following configurations (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/) while X/Pro themes are compatible with PHP v5.6.x or later.

As to PHP memory limit, we recommend 512MB to run X/Pro theme smoothly. This is basically not a theme requirement, but when you have reasonable amount of active plugins, it’s always better to allocate memory as required. You can refer to our guide on how to increase memory here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.