I am scare to launch the updating.

can you please advise?
thanks a lot
cheers
Isabella

I am having some issues since updating.
I would hold off.

I’ve got a question in about it.

I didnt update yet but if you have backups just do a restore.

Hey Isabella,

The theme is compatible with WordPress 5.0 but it is best practice or strongly recommended that you test all updates first in a staging server so you can uncover uncommon issues or issues that might only be happening in your setup. Uncommon issues might also linger even if the theme is compatible so it’s best to test in staging and report the issues you experience.

The only known downside currently is WP 5.0 Gutenberg’s publish button is currently not available when the current version Cornerstone is being used.

That was fixed in the release candidate version.

For this reason, you might want to hold off updating your live site for a bit until the next update of the theme.

Thanks.

hi @christian_y
thanks a lot for the answer
I will wait as I don’t have an off line version of my site or I don’t know how to do it… :slight_smile:

thanks again
cheers
Isabella

You’re welcome, Isabella.

What is the ‘release candidate version’? I am having this exact issue of the update button missing.

Hi John,

The updates are currently available via manual updates which you can’t do in the Wordpress admin.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hope this helps.

Hello Jade,

Unfortunately I followed the instructions and manually updated cornerstone but it is still the same version 3.3.8. Any suggestions how to get 3.4.0?

Regards

Hello John,

This is a post started by a different user. Although the question is related to WordPress 5.0 but posting on someone else thread create lot of confusion and slows down the response time. For faster response we encourage users to create a new ticket. In that regards I request you to please create a new ticket and someone from support team will take a look. For more details please take a look at our support handbook.

Thanks for understanding.

It’s the exact same issue.

Also, I did start a new thread on the issue and no one has responded.

@jnlinn,

The new version is now live in automatic updates, you may now update the theme in your wordpress dashborad.

Please don’t forget to backup your site and review changelog before updating.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks

Install and activate the Classic Editor from your Dashboard page then update. I haven’t noticed any issues with X or X pro.

@Growtrends:
Thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.