Wordpress 5.0 Update Issues

I just updated to Wordpress 5.0 and now my site appears to revert to an older version.

I updated to 5.0 because I could not edit in cornerstone, with the error: Session expired…Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.

Now, I am stuck with an the new wordpress version and I can’t get back to the latest version of my site. Please Help!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, I just updated my dev site to WP 5.0.1, but I did not encountered the issue that you describe its fine on my end, I can still edit my pages in Cornerstone.

Please check for the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue. (please do this as more likely your issue is related to caching)

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Remove custom Javascript and custom templates (if any).

• Reset your .htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

• Contact your hosting provider to increase your allocated memory limit or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Increasing PHP Memory Limit

If the issue persists, please provide us the site URL and credentials in a Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi There,

Upon checking your home page, I could see that there is only one blank section:

I also saw that you have many versions of your home. Can you confirm that this page is the correct one?

I’ve checked your contact page and it’s working fine now:

http://concreteventures.net/contact/

Please check again.

Thanks.

Yes, this is the correct page. The page is a Slider Revolution slider that has a burger menu for navigation.

Prior to update to Wordpress 5.0 this page setup went directly to the slider by selecting the slider in the Slider Settings: Above Masthead. not sure if the has changed in the new wordpress upgrade or if there is something I’m missing.

Hi @webejay,

Looks like the page is corrupted some part of it are missing. I tried it with a new page and the slider works just fine.

Could you try re-creating those pages, you can do that by saving your page content as a template in the builder. And insert the same templates on new pages with assigned Slider.

Thanks!

Ok, one more thing.

I noticed when I select Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer, the Slider does not show on the page.

The only way the Slider shows on the page is if the page attribute template includes the Header. Any configuration that does not include the Header does not show the slider. So I’m assuming that the Header has to be included on a page if you want to show the Slider only. Is this correct?

Hi @webejay,

Yes that is correct, Slider Settings: Above or Below Masthead is part of the Header. So if the page does not have a Header, it wont have a Masthead.

If your page is using a No Header template, please add your slider in the content using the Classic Revolution Slier element.

Thanks,

Got it, Thanks!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.