Woocommerce white screen of death

My shop page and product pages for my store is just a blank white screen. I have tried disabling all plugins, no luck, I’ve tried turning on debugging mode and I am not getting any errors. But when I switch themes, my shop shows up again, so I’m guessing it has something to do with Pro. Any help would be wonderful!

Hi There @swanhaven

Thanks for writing in! Probably it could be related to your PHP version running on your server. We recommend PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

You can also enable your WP_DEBUG mode by changing the following line on your wp-config.php file. You can see more information from here (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG).
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Once you enable debug mode, then re-visit your page that you’re getting a white screen and you should be able to see more descriptive errors on your page which should help you to further debug.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I already tried enabling debug mode, I still get a blank screen, tried it again just to make sure, yep still getting a blank screen. I am currently running php version PHP 7.0.31

Hi There @swanhaven

The other thing you can do is to enable your error log. Edit your wp-config.php file and replace the following line define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); with the below code.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); 
if ( WP_DEBUG ) {
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
}

This will create an error log file under your wp-content directory, with the name of debug.log. You can activate your plugin that you’re having issues and then check your dubug.log file to see the actual errors.

If you’re not getting any errors, please contact your hosting provider as they access to your full error logs.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn’t produce any errors, it doesn’t produce a log file. I have tried disabling all of the plugins, it’s not a plugin issue. The only way I can get the the store to come back is to switch themes. When I activate 2017 the store shows back up.

1 Like

Hello @swanhaven,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you please share the login details in secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hello There,

I have checked every thing and it seem all your settings are correct. In most cases, the blank white screen of death is caused by a fatal error. Since wp-debug mode is not helping, could you please provide us your ftp login details in a secure note so that we can investigate further?

Thank you in advance.

I added it to the first secure note.

Thanks for you help!

Hello There,

I have tried every thing. Both ftp and sftp connection is not working for us.
Could you please double check the ftp details?

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for the updated login details. I was able to resolve your issue by uploading a fresh copy of the theme files. It seems that there were files corrupted previously which has resulted to the white screen error.

Please check your site now.

Thank you!!! It works!

You’re welcome.

I have the same issue of not seeing the store with woocommerce, changed from X to Pro, and that’s the only thing not working. Could you explain more what were those corrupted files that made the white screen error so we could have more understanding and try to fix ours too.

Hi @mycoffeebox,

We’re not really sure as it depends on what failed during the installation. Hence, we did is just reinstalled the entire copy of the theme. I recommend deleting your Pro theme through FTP, and install it again, but this time, through FTP too to make sure all files are copied.

Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 ( Manual Updates )

Else, you will have to start and a new thread and provide your site’s URL, Admin, and FTP login credentials in a secure note of that thread, we’ll be more happy to check it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.