Woocommerce stock notification doesn't work anymore

Dear all,

I always had a stock notification on my WooCommerce product pages (www.happyskirtt.com) when clients choose a size. I discovered that it doesn’t show up anymore, though in Settings > Products > Stock I didn’t change the stock notification. Any idea what could have happened?

Best regards,
Ton in 't Veld

Hi Ton,

It could be caused by different factors. Firstly, please check if you are using the supported version of Woocommerce with X. The latest supported version of Woocommerce is 3.6.2. It would be best to use a supported version to avoid issues.

If you are using a supported version, the issue might be caused by different factors. Please check on this link and apply the suggestions given:

https://www.fixrunner.com/fix-email-notifications-woocommerce/

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jade,

I cannot update WooCommerce (and X by the way) because any update destroys the set up and look of my site. Even while using a child theme to avoid the overwriting of my ccs. I tried everything to solve that problem, but no solution till now.

Your suggestion link talks about email notifications, not about notifications on my product pages.

Best regards,
Ton in 't Veld

Hello Ton in 't Veld,

You should update your X theme first and any other plugins that needs updating. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Best Regards.

Thanks RueNel,

I tried to update X from 5.2.5 to 6.5.5 first, according your advice. But it didn’t work. I got the message that ‘The site has technical problems’. I don’t use cache plug ins and I always use private mode.

Fortunately I use automatic updates with my hosting provider. I have a managed server. So I can restore the site as it works great, apart from the stock notification.

I realise that I will have more and more problems because I cannot update X, WooCommerce and some other minor plug ins. But I don’t know how to solve this.

Best regards,
Ton in 't Veld

Hi @intveld,

Your best option right now is to set up a staging and then do the update there. Once all the issue are fixed, then you can push the update on live. Usually hosting offers a staging features like Godaddy, Wpenging or Cloudways. Not sure which hosting are you on, but please ask them how you could set it up. Thay way, you can update it without affecting the live site. Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.