WooCommerce Sidebar not appearing on shop page

I just setup woocommerce on our site. I have the sidebar configured to appear but when you go to the shop page, it doesn’t show. We are using Theme X Child theme. I found an article which talked about setting the appearance–sidebar – check the shop index page. I have done that but still nothing shows. Appreciate any help you can offer - this is the last step to turning it on (there are over 2000 items in the catalog so need the organization).
Thanks
Carla

Hello Carla,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please make sure that you are not using full width layout on shop page as doing so will override the sidebar feature.

Thanks.

Prasant,
Thanks for the reply. I did verify in the woocommerce settings that it is setup the the global default (and not full width). In addition, the the page template selected for the shop page is the default (although after your message, I tried others listed there, including one for left sidebar and right content, but the sidebar still doesn’t come up. The page shows full screen, 4 columns. Any other suggestions?
Carla

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please go to X > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout. The setting must be “Content Left, Sidebar Right” or “Content Left, Sidebar Right” so that in most pages, it will have a sidebar. If it is set to “Fullwidth”, no sidebar will display anywhere even if you have assigned a sidebar.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Thank you - that is the setting which is in place (Content Left, Sidebar Right) but still no sidebar

Hello @chiggins33,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Have you tried clearing cache as I see you are using Cache plugin? Please do that and see how it goes. In case issue is still there, please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I actually just loaded that yesterday and the issue excited before so that’s not the problem. I will share a secure note so you can take a look - appreciate it.
Thanks
Carla

Hello @chiggins33,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm the credentials as it’s not working? I am getting following error message (please see secure note).

Thanks.

Prasant - I will post as another secure note

Hi there,

Thank you for the login information I checked the case and could not find the problem cause. I wanted to check few things but I need you to move your website to a staging website ad this seems to be a live website and I don’t want to take a risk.

By the way we do not have such a problem with our installation so this must be something wrong in your environment which we are trying to find.

I want to follow the steps below:

1. Changing the Child Theme that you have to the main theme and test the case.
  2. Disable all the plugins except Cornerstone and Woocommerce and check the case.
  3. Add a test page and go to Woocommerce > Settings > Products > General and change the main page to that tets page and test the case.

Thank you.

Thank you for getting back to me and for looking.

We don’t have a staging environment on this site (and I appreciate you giving me the chance to do those couple of items), but the weekends are a little slower time so I did a quick test of #1 and #2. Actually for #1, we had the issue before making the child theme active (we put a child theme in place to change the add a cart to a request form). However, I tested that again to be sure and the issue still exists with the main theme in place.

When I did #2, I still didn’t see the right sidebar. However, in testing when I shrunk the window a bit (the width), I noticed the categories listed at the bottom of the page below the pagination. It was showing all categories versus the sidebar with the taxonomies I had selected but it was showing something, just in the wrong place.

Next, I turned all those plugins back on again and the sidebar is showing at the bottom below the pagination - same as described above.

Please feel free to do #3. The shop page (or any woo commerce functionality/catalog) isn’t live in any menu so that step shouldn’t affect production.

Let me know what you find.
Thanks
Carla

Hi Carla,

I’ve taken further investigation in your site and I found out that the sidebar is not displaying because you have set the width to zero. You are using Icon stack and this stack has a unique sidebar layout.

To resolve your issue, please go to X > Theme Options > Layout & Design and make sure that the sidebar has at least 200 pixel width.

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thank you for your reply. I have made that change and now see the sidebar!!!

The only question I have at the moment - the sidebar shows from the top of the screen to the bottom (over top banner etc on the page). This may be a page template issue, but wanted to check and make sure it wasn’t a setting that we needed to adjust… kind of big and bulky where it is now (want on left side with the catalog on the right). Thought I’d ask in case you had tips.

Thanks again - your team has been very helpful.
Carla

Hi Carla,

It’s not a template issue, that is ICON STACK layout design where the sidebar is from the very top as you can see in our demo.

You can switch to other stack if you don’t like that kind of layout but of course that might break some work you have done already.

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/

http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/

Thanks

Thank you so much. I’ve been playing with those to see if another stack would work out better. Your team has been awesome - thank you!

Carla

Thank you for your valuable feedback :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.