Woocommerce Shortcodes not working

Hi,
i have tried all my knowledge, but i am finished. The only shortcode is working is “cart” which i don´t need. Cannot use Category-Short-Codes etc…
Please give me a hint!

Best
Cyrock

update:

• deactivate all other PlugIns with no better result…
  • generate a page without Pro
  • try another category
    Still the same problem…

Newest update: : Tried with Twenty Seventeen…works fine. So, whats wrong?
Latest update: : Downgrade to Version 3.4.0…no better result :frowning:

Take a look:

Hi Cyrock,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try switching to your parent Pro theme and see if you’re experiencing any conflict from your child theme.

Also make sure that you’re using the latest X/Pro compatible plugin versions by referring to this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

The next thing you have to check is your PHP version. You can install this plugin, activate it and head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo and check your PHP version. If you’re using a version below 5.6.x, you need to update it to v5.6.x or above.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi, i did all this. No result… It seems the latest X is quite buggy.

Regards,
Cy.

Hi Cyrock,

Can you provide us the exact shortcodes you are using that are not working.

We’d like to test it in our installation and see if we can replicate the issue.

I tried most of the shortcodes listed on the link below and it seems to work on my end.

Hello Paul, thanks for coming in.
Its [product_category category=“extras” limit=“150”] which is so important for us…

Thanks,
Cy.

Hi Cy,

I tried the shortcode on my installation and it works fine.

Would you mind providing your admin and FTP details in a Secure Note so that we can check your setup?

Thank you.

Ok: Here they Are: With anotrher Theme, its works fine too!..

Hi There,

You haven’t sent us the WordPress admin details.
would you mind providing them.
Please post those in a secure note.

Thanks

ok. sorry…

Hi @cyrock

I’m sorry, but I could not login to your site. Please see the secure note for the error.

Could you please confirm with the correct information? so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

sorry, too
tired!

Big thanks for helping!

Hello @cyrock,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Login details are working fine. I first tested the shortcode on my localsetup and it’s working fine. After that I logged into the website and tried adding the shortcode in a test page and can confirm that the output is not showing up.

However, further investigating the issue I realised that even though WooCommerce is installed it’s not showing up in the WordPress dashboard menu area. I tried adding other WooCommerce shortcodes and they are also not working. Please see screenshot (shared in secure note).

Even though you are using supported version of WooCommerce, it seems that the WooCommerce setup is broken and that might be the reason why shortocodes are not working. Can you please try reinstalling WooCommerce and see how it goes. In case problem is still there, please share the FTP details in secure note. Would like to take a closer look into the issue.

Thanks.

Hi, I did all this before. Even deleting all plugins…system is in English now, easier for you…

Cy.

FTP:

Hi @cyrock,

I checked your website and found out that you are using an old version of the Pro. Please Backup your website completely and update the theme to version 2.1.6.

Then, please change the theme from Child Theme to the Parent theme as before but this time with the new version and it should work with no problem.

Thank you.

Hi! This is how we started. With the new version, with the same problem. It still exist. No change. In twentyseventeen it’s ok and we Tested it in our local network in several conditions. No change. I followed your latest advice now. No change…still not working.

Beat, cy.

Hi @cyrock,

The shortcode works just fine, but there is an existing CSS that hides it

.woocommerce ul.products {
    display: none;
} 

It will work on other themes as the CSS is only saved within the current theme’s option. I went ahead and disabled it :slight_smile: , I changed it to this

/* the culprit */
/*
.woocommerce ul.products {
    display: none;
}
*/

You may set it back if that CSS is added there intentionally, like for a different purpose. And maybe we can change it to something that doesn’t affect the shortcode display.

Thanks!

Hi,

what a mess. Our checklist for this cases says “delete all custom css-files”. Someone (unfortunaly, me) slept over this…how embarrassing…

Thanks for showing trees in an wood!

best,
Christian

You’re welcome, Christian. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.