Woocommerce shop page not displaying footer

Hi everyone,

I seem to be encountering an issue I feel was not present before. The most recent thing I did with the site in question is update Pro. I noticed this problem after the fact though it could simply be a correlation.

Basically, my Woocommerce shop page is not behaving as it should. First, the Pro footer is not present. When logged in, the admin bar on top is also not present. There seems to be a blank space where the admin bar usually is. Also, the header on that page is displaying links differently other than the home page. Home page and shop page are both assigned the same header and footer so I’m not sure what’s causing this. I’m disable just about every plugin with the exception of Woocommerc itself.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @kgpthemex,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked and there is an internal server error. Please check this https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress and enable your site’s WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. Then test the shop again (to retrigger the error) and download the debug.log file from /wp-content/ folder of your site through FTP. Then please provide the log file’s content in your reply here.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thank you for the prompt reply @Rad!

I did as you instructed and have produced a debug log. There is indeed a fatal error along with other “notices”. Not sure how relevant they are to the problem.

Please find the log attached.

Thanks again

Hello There,

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest version of the theme and plugin?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 2.2.5
  • supported WooCommerce 3.4.2

By the way, we can not do further investigation since the given credentials has a very limited privileges. Please make the user an administrator so that we can check all your settings and find out the cause of this issue and be able to fix it.

Thanks.

Hi @RueNel,

I actually don’t have the right version of Woocommerce. Right now, I have 3.2.5. I’m really hesitant to update for fear that it will throw other things off but I will have to take the risk. Currently, I can only update to the newest Woocommerce version of 3.4.4. How can I obtain 3.4.2? Unless I’m ok to update to 3.4.2.

I have performed a backup.

Thanks!

Hey There,

You can update to WooCommerce 3.4.4. I have updated my local install to this latest version and so far I do not see any errors or conflict with Pro or X theme.

Please let us know how it goes.

@RueNel,

Thank you for confirming. I performed the update and that was indeed the problem. The page displays as it should.

Thanks to @Rad for providing the link to the version compatibility page. This will certainly help in the future.

I really appreciate the wonderful support :smile:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.