Woocommerce shop image links

I am trying to adjust the woocommerce images on my shop page to contain direct links to affiliate products. Right now, the links take the viewers to internal pages by default. I’d like to either edit the image hyperlinks to route through my affiliate links or disable them entirely, as the buttons are already established with correct external links. I’m assuming this can only be done by editing the theme itself as I do not see any options for this in the theme or in woocommerce.

Hello Jordan,

Thanks for posting in! What you have in mind requires custom function. And because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

By default, the WooCommerce product items will be linked to each single product page with all the details related to each product. To automatically link the whole product to your external link will require overriding the WooCommerce defaults. Perhaps you might be interested in checking out this given solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/40952462

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.