Woocommerce product order by latest being overwritten

Hi,

This is the site concerned - https://karaboclothing.co.uk

I’ve already spoken with Woocommerce who believe there’s a default setting in the theme somewhere.

Products in categories are not ordered correctly. I have selected ‘sort by most recent’ in the theme options but its not working.

The issue can be seen by going to any category page and then resorting. The ‘sort by latest’ view should be the default, but its not.

Can you help please?

Hello Loren,

Thanks for writing in!

I see that you are using WooCommerce 3.7.1. As of today the supported WooCommerce version is 3.6.5. As you are using most recent version of WooCommerce, please downgrade the same and install supported version of WooCommerce to avoid any conflict. You can get WooCommerce 3.6.5 from following resource.

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/archive/3.6.5.zip

Thanks.

Hi.
I’ve downgraded the version of Woocommerce and the issue persists.

Hey Loren,

I see the issue on your site. It’s not the same in my test site though where have the latest version of WooCommerce and Pro so this is unlikely a bug in our theme. Our themes also do not have any product ordering option.

What you see in the Customizer comes from WooCommerce and not our theme.

The issue in your site could be coming from a third-party plugin or a custom code in your child theme. With that said, please do the following actions.

1. Switch to the parent theme and check if the issue persists. If it’s fixed, find the code that is causing the issue in your child theme. If it does persist, proceed to the next step.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Only if the said action steps do not help, give us WordPress Admin credentials in a Secure Note. Please note that we’ll do those actions again to double-check so you must also allow us to do that in your live site. If that’s not allowed, copy your site to a staging server.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.