Woocommerce Product Description under Add to Cart

Hello Themeco,

I know that you don’t do Woocommerce customisations but I “broke” my website several times trying to move the description tab under the “Add to cart” button with solutions I found on the web.

Could you please help me with a code to be added in functions?

I want to obtain something similar to this page: https://www.printful.com/custom/t-shirts/71/bella-canvas-3001-unisex-short-sleeve-jersey-t-shirt-with-tear-away-label?tab=Info

Hi There,

Could you please provide us with your website URL so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hi!

http://www.printoteca.ro/produse-preturi/imbracaminte/stanley-adores/

Thank you!

Hi there,

First of all, you need to go to X > Launch > Options > Woocomemrce and turn off the tabs section from there to make the description content just show normally without the tabbed mode. This way we will have a clean slate to be able to suggest you proper CSS code to do the changes you like.

Thank you.

Hi Team - we are interested in solution for the same.
Currently the Woocommerce product description and additional information tabs are located under the product thumbnails, unfortunately this is lost on the page and we need to move it up under the price where there is oodles of free real estate.

Hi again,

You may try adding the following code in your Customizer via Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global Javascript

(function($) {
   $('.single-product .woocommerce-tabs').insertAfter('.single-product .woocommerce-product-details__short-description');
})(jQuery);

Hope this helps!

Thank you Nabeel - unfortunantely that did not help.
An example page is below, you will note the description at the bottom, below all the thumbnails. We would love to move this up under the Add to Cart button, there is so much white space here to fill it seems odd to have the product details so far away from the price. Can you assist further?

An example of our woocommerce product description issue:

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Are you trying to do something like this?

If that is the case, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Move Tabs below the add to cart buttons
// =============================================================================
function move_tabs(){
  remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_output_product_data_tabs', 10 );
  add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_output_product_data_tabs', 70 );
}
add_action('wp', 'move_tabs');
// =============================================================================

As this is all custom development, regretfully we won’t be able to assist further. Custom development is outside the scope of our support. We’re happy to provide advice and get you started in the right direction, but you would still be responsible for the implementation.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly and I hope it helps others to “fill the gap” under the add to cart as well :slight_smile: Could be optional in the X jigoshop settings one day too :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

Hi Team,

I am having an issue with the above presented solution since updating X.
Originally this worked beautiful but now the Description is hidden in a closed accordion type box and only opened when you select the title Description, which then opens a box and displays the contents. Is there a small adjustment required to have it always open?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hi there @toonie ,

I see that you have only updated Cornerstone but you’re still using an older version of X theme (v5.1.1). Make sure to update your X theme and also make sure to use latest X compatible WooCommerce version as well. You can all the relevant version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

After updating, make sure purge your server cache as well before testing your site.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you @mldarshana,

I checked our X in Themes and there is no update available.
Is there another way to make this insistent description visible when the page is opened?

Anyone that can assist please:

I am having an issue with the above presented solution since updating X.
Originally this worked beautiful but now the Description is hidden in a closed accordion type box and only opened when you select the title Description, which then opens a box and displays the contents. Is there a small adjustment required to have it always open?

Got it - thank you :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.