Woocommerce Navbar, Topbar and Breadcrumbs not visible

Hello Everyone!

So when initially installed Woocommerce on my Pro theme, I remember seeing Woocommmer’s navbar display at the very top, since the setting was enabled. At the time, I had opted to turn it off in hopes of using a custom store navigation elsewhere. But now I’m considering incorporating that top navbar again but I can’t seem to enable it again.

Through the Customizer, I have enabled the Topbar (Header > Topbar) and the Navbar Menu (Woocommerce > Navbar Menu) but neither seems to display.

Could this be because I’m utilizing Pro’s Header Customizer?

Also, I have never been able to see breadcrumbs despite being enabled. It could be due to a conflict but I have not been able to see them since the beginning.

Thank you!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The Topbar, navbar and bredcrumbs are hugely part of the header. When using Pro and that you’ve created a header and assign it to a page or as a global header, the custom header takes over and the topbar, navbar, and breadcrumbs gets replaced. At the moment, we are currently testing the v2 elements for the custom header which would include breadcrumb element. This should be rolled out pretty soon as we are on its final testing. So please watch out for it.

The topbar by the way can be easily recreated in the custom header.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response @RueNel!

I also appreciate the update. I understand the Topbar and the Navbar having to do with the header, as that’s where they are seen, but from experience the Breadcrumbs were always a page element…right? My intended purpose was for Woocommerce, specifically to be seen above the large image (top left) on the product page.

Is that a different breadcrumb trail? Right now, I’m concerned with the breadcrumb more than anything else. I even attempted to add the “Breadcrumb NavXT” for the same purpose but nothing shows! I have not gotten around to installing Yoast SEO for the same purpose but I’m unsure if even that can help.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Breadcrumbs are also part of the header that is being replace by PRO Header.

You can use the Theme’s default Header in your shop by only enabling PRO Header on selected pages.
or you can wait for the next release of the theme.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply @paul.r.

I much rather wait but I can’t seem to understand the relationship between breadcrumb and header. I have only seen breadcrumbs attached to the body portion of a page, not the header portion, even though breadcrumb on/off toggle is located under the header section. Truth be told, I have never seen the breadcrumb in any of my implementation of X Theme, even when using X, not Pro, and having the Breadcrumbs enabled.

So, if we were to shift our conversation to X and not Pro, can you guide me on how to enable it so I can understand how the breadcrumbs display?

Thanks again.

Hi There,

Breadcrumb is usually below the menu and yes, part of the header. Enable it on Theme Options > Header.

It is available on 3 stacks on this file: wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views{stack}/wp-header.php

Thank you for that.

I do have the integrity stack selected and breadcrumbs are enabled. Where is it supposed to show up? I am using X, not Pro.

Thanks

Hi there,

It should display on posts and pages with default templates. It’s not available for blank templates. You may provide the URL of where you wish to display it then I’ll check why it’s not being displayed :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi @Rad and everyone!

I’m sorry about the big gap in communication. I just revisited this issue again and I’m again trying to find answers. So I have the integrity stack (check), I have breadcrumbs enabled (check), but breadcrumbs are nowhere to be found. I have added a backdoor link to the site as a secure note.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hi there,

That page uses a blank template, and blank template doesn’t have any headline or breadcrumbs. You will need to create them from scratch.

Though, you can create a specific header with breadcrumbs element then assign it to specific pages that have blank templates. But to do that, you have to update your Pro theme first, and you need to install it manually since your Pro version is old in which automatic update isn’t applicable (due to name change from X Pro to Pro).

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Thank you for that response. So how would I go about moving from X Pro to Pro without messing up my existing headers, content, etc? Is it just a matter of installing the theme and activating it?

Also, can you possibly show me an example of how breadcrumbs look on a header?

Thanks again.

Hi There,

See this guide on how to move fro X Pro to Pro: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/x-pro-is-now-pro-what-you-need-to-know-and-do/

See this for Knowledge Base article for Breadcrumbs: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-breadcrumb/10221.
Since this is part of version 2 elements with Advance control, the look will depend on what you want to make out of it.

Please do check our changelog for all update information: https://theme.co/changelog/

See this sample: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb62fAIHwt

Hope this helps.

Thank you for that valuable information @Lely.

I looked over the how to migrate from X Pro to Pro, however, there’s one missing step I feel. I currently have X Pro 1.1.0 and after downloading the newest version (1.2.3), I attempted to upload it via Wordpress per the instructions, but as expected it says that the file already exists. Do I need to rename the existing folder and upload the new pro file manually via cPanel or FTP?

Thanks again.

Hi there,

If you already have the Pro theme installed on the site and you are trying to upload another version of Pro, it will give you the file already exist error because they have the same directory name.

What you can do it to login through FTP or Cpanel and go to wp-content/themes and delete or rename the current pro directory that is in there so that you can install it again on the admin section.

Hope this helps.

Thank you @Jade.

I was able to update to the new Pro version. I now see the breadcrumb element available for Cornerstone but I can’t seem to use them on Woocommerce pages. How can I set up breadcrumbs for Woocommers pages? I don’t think a manual process will work since some pages are created dynamically?

Thank you

Hi There,

Please add the breadcrumbs element on a Header made using the header builder. Then assign this header as GLOBAL. That will give you breadcrumbs on dynamically created woocommerce pages.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for that tip @Lely,

I’ve finally got the breadcrumbs! I had one question regarding how to control them. Under normal situation, breadcrumbs work as they should but for certain pages, Woocommerce specifically, it would be nice to have an additional piece of information in the breadcrumbs, i.e. product category. As it stands, the current setup displays the breadcrumb as Home > Store > Product Name. Having Store > Category > Product would be ideal.

How does one achieve this?

Thanks

Hi again,

Regretfully, having product categories in the breadcrumbs isn’t supported out of the box by our breadcrumb feature. There are hooks included in the code to make it possible with custom development. We do however have this open as a feature request so it can be considered for future development.

Thank you so much.

I look forward to seeing this feature when it’s developed!

You’re welcome.