Woocommerce creating 'Internal Server Error'

Hi, a few months back I went to update Woocommerce on my site www.nationaldiversityawards.co.uk and it created an Internal Server Error.

As I wouldn’t be needing to use the plugin until now I deleted it so that the website would stay up and running.

I’ve tried reinstalling it today, but it still gives me the server error.

All my themes and plugins are up-to-date as well.

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Terence

Hey Terence,

Internal Server Error is usually caused by incorrect WordPress files and folder permissions. Please check if you have the correct setup. Please see http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-fix-file-and-folder-permissions-error-in-wordpress/.

Other factors such as low memory could cause such an issue. Please try the suggestions in this article.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y I hope all’s well.

Thanks for getting back in touch with your recommendations; much appreciated.

I’ve removed plugins that could be causing any conflict. My HTAccess file looks fine and I’ve just increased the memory limit to 512. All file/folder permissions are set to 644.

The latest version of Woocommerce still creates an Internal Server Error. A version I have downloaded from last year still works.

Many thanks,
Terence

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Hey Terence,

We have not received your credentials so we are unable to investigate this issue. Please give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y will do.

Many thanks,
Terence

Hi @ispoilumedia Terence,

I went to your website and installed the Woocommerce. Then activated it so that I can see the error and check the case. Then I tried to access the files via FTP but the information is not working and I can not access the website.

At the current position your website shows the internal server error and it is super important that you go to the website via FTP and rename the woocommerce folder from wp-content/plugins/ so that the plugin deactivates and your site gets back online. I am sorry for this, I should have first checked the FTP and made sure I do have access there before testing the case.

As the internal server error message is showing now please contact your hosting service provider and ask them to check the server error log and get back to you with the actual error so that we can understand what is the problem cause.

Finally, worths to mention that our theme has no problem with the Woocommerce plugin and it should be some problem on your server which we try to find.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi christopher.amirian,

Apologies if I’ve sent the incorrect FTP credentials and thanks for your help as well.

I contacted my hosting provider and they’ve changed the PHP Version and WooCommerce works within the site/theme now.

Many thanks,
Terence

Perfect! Glad that you have managed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.