Woocommerce Checkout Manager - Cloudflare 524 error

So, this plugin has been working great for me, but just randomly today I was adding additional fields and the HTTP process would just hang until cloudflare eventually threw me a 524 error. I then would have to log into the console of the server and kill the process just for me to view the website again.

Is this a common bug?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for writing in, no that is not a common problem and its not a bug with the Theme. 524 error states that Cloudflare was able to make a TCP connection to the origin, but the origin did not reply with a HTTP response before the connection timed out. Please see the fix provided here.

If that did not work, please contact the Cloudflare support, as we can not provide support for 3rd party features.

Cheers!

Hello,

I understand that side of things, sadly the error wasn’t cloudflare. The error was that updating the fields caused the server to hang on my process, and never finish adding the fields - resulting in no HTTP response, which caused the 524 response from cloudflare. I was able to get the website working normally after getting this error by logging into my console and killing the HTTP process that was hanging, it’s just that hitting the “save” button when adding an extra field within the “extra fields” section of the checkout manager was causing my server to lock up.

Basically every time I tried adding an extra field within the “extra fields” section of the checkout manager, my server would crash.

Okay, so I figured out what was happening.

One of the Labels for the field I was using had an apostrophe in it (saying “Child’s name”) and the plugin was attempting to escape the apostrophe by adding a / in front of the apostrophe, but for some reason instead of adding just one, it added thousands of them, so when I was saving the options, it was passing an astronomical amount of data to the database, causing mysql to freeze, resulting in a response time of over 110 seconds, resulting in the cloudflare error.

So, I will stop using apostrophes in the label, because it seems like the plugin has trouble handling that.

Thanks!

Another issue that I am experiencing with this plugin, is that the sorting of the fields are all wonky. Normally with sorting you would just stack them in the order that you want, but doing so with this plugin does not result in them appearing on the checkout page in the same order you place them in on the backend. You need to swap one around at a time, save and reload.

For me, item 1 in the backend appears as item 1 on the front end, but then the front end goes on to display 14 (from the backend), then 20, then 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 13, 5, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, and finally 21.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the information, yes I can replicate that issue on my dev site. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.