Woocommerce Checkout Error {{base64content "" }}

Hi,

When customers checkout they have to select the “I have read and agree to the website terms and conditions *” to complete the order.

When they select the “terms and conditions” hyperlink to take them to the terms and conditions page they receive an error message: {{base64content “” }}

The page is linked correctly and the terms and conditions page exists.

Can someone please assist?

Hi,

Can you provide us your site url where we can see the issue.

For the mean time try to test for plugin conflict.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please make sure you have the following version numbers as well.

Woocommerce 3.5.1 - Latest Supported Version
Pro 2.4.2 (if using PRO)
X 6.4.2
Cornerstone 3.4.2

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Paul,

Will deactivate plugins and see if that’s the issue.

Will let you know how it goes.

thanks

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

hi @paul.r,

I’m using:
X theme - 6.4.2
Cornerstone - 3.4.2
WooCommerce - 3.5.2

I have deactivated every plugin without solving the issue, the error still appears.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

Hi,

Please try to downgrade your woocommerce plugin.

As stated in our version compatibility page the latest supported version is Version 3.5.1

You can use this third party plugin in downgrading

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login and ftp login in Secure note

Thanks

Hi @paul.r,

I downloaded the rollback plugin and changed the Woocommerce version on a test site. I still have the issue.

Hi Steve,

The data is encrypted by base64 and looks like in your installation, it fails to decrypt it. And I’m not getting any similar issue on my installations.

I tried disabling the plugins without any luck, would you mind changing your FTP account pointing to your Wordpress installation? It’s currently pointing to an empty folder, I like to trace why the encryption is not being decoded.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

I’m not sure what you’re asking.

I’ll put my hosting account login details in a secure note if that helps.

thanks.

Hi Steve,

This looks like issue between host and the builder, the data stayed encrypted on all my tests. I’ll continue checking, but for the meantime, you could add your Terms & condition content on classic/standard editor instead of the builder.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

The test site is hosted on BlueHost and the live site is hosted on SiteGround, It’s happening on both.

Do you need the login details for the live hosting as well?

Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Sure, please provide it on a secure note as well. It’s good for comparison :slight_smile:

Still, I can’t find what’s causing this, we’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

I really appreciate you letting us investigate this further on your site. I’ve confirmed that there is some kind of conflict going on between WooCommerce and our V2 elements. I’ve modified your TOS page to use classic elements and now it is working correctly. I’m still not able to reproduce the exact issue in a development environment to get it fixed, but we’ll keep looking into this.

Thanks for the credentials. For now, your TOS page should work with classic elements. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.