WooCommerce Categories aren't populating

Good afternoon,

Recently my WooCommerce stopped populating my categories.

I’m not sure what’s causing this issue, how do I get about diagnosing this?

On the left categories drop down menu, you can see it’s empty. But when going into products, you can see they are categorized.

Hey @dmedianik,

I’m sorry but we won’t know what is causing the issue just by viewing the front-end of your site. I get an error upon visiting the link you provided though.

There’s a lot of possible factors that could cause the issue you described. What we would want to know here is if our products are causing the issue. With that said, please follow the troubleshooting steps in the list below.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. If a plugin is causing the issue, you will need to contact the plugin developer.

5. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme and also remove custom CSS and JavaScript in the Theme Options and/or elsewhere in your site. If a custom code is causing the issue, you will need to contact a third party developer.

Thanks.

I’ve fixed that issue, somehow the wp-config file had been deleted and I just restored it.

I still have the issue however with the categories.

Let me know if you need back end access and I can make an account for themeco to login to check what is going on.

Hi There,

Yes please, but first please do a test for a plugin conflict and see if one of your plugins is causing this issue. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. If a plugin is causing the issue, you will need to contact the plugin developer.

Thanks,

Ok, I did a test just now. Deativated all plugins and activated just woocommerce and cornerstone. The categories were still not populated.

I recently switched the directory for this website. Could there be possible an issue with the php tables?

Hi,

I am sorry but I am not sure about that.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Secure Note

Hello @dmedianik,

You are having this issue because you have inserted the wrong category widget. You are suppose to insert the Product Category widget and not the Post Category widget.

I went ahead and inserted the correct widget in order to resolved this issue.

Please check your shop page now.

Thank you so much, what an emberrassing mistake. I was trying all the hardest solution looking at the code, I never looked at the most obvious answer.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.