Woocommerce cart not updating correctly on some browsers

Please see related issue here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/woocommerce-cart-not-updating-properly/5197/18

The error is only happening in some browsers. it works fine on Chrome, but doesn’t seem to be working on Miscorsoft Edge, and possibly Safari and Firefox.

The issue is that once the cart has been updated once, subsequent attempts to add/remove products are unsuccessful and the cart always remembers the previously added items.

Some customers are also reporting that they can’t update the cart at all even the first time around trying to add a product, although it says that the product was added. But when you go to the cart it’s empty. I could not reproduce that issue myself, however i can reproduce the updating issue.

I have tried disabling and purging all the caches, both in wordpress and on cloudflare.

I will provide login details in a private note.

Thanks!

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Please let me know if you got both secure notes, because I’m only seeing one of them with the FTP credentials…

Hi,

Yes, we can only see one of them.

Please add all your credentials(wordpress and ftp) to just one secure note.

Thanks

Done, thank you!

Hey @l3kilos,

The issue is tricky to investigate because your site is live and there are third party plugins. Could you copy your site to a staging server? I would need to deactivate third party plugins and remove elements in order to narrow down the possible causes.

This might not be related to the issue but this is throwing an error in Edge. Please transfer your footer text widget HTML to a Custom HTML widget.

Thanks.

Hello,

I don’t have a staging environment unfortunately, so it would not be trivial to set one up… Could we instead enable the Under Construction plugin for the time being? It should allow you to do some tests as an admin…

Hi,

The problem is we might break your site while doing the test.

You can use this third party plugin to create a staging site.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you very much for the tip. I have created a staging site at https://www.majesticherbs.com/mhstaging/

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Hi there,

It’s perfectly fine in your staging, and that’s because there is no cache. I recommend turning off your CloudFlare in your live site and test it again.

Thanks!

I disabled CloudFlare and also deactivated my caching plugin, and cleared the browser cache and cookies, but the issue is still there on the live site… I can confirm that it is not happening in staging…

Hi there,

As this is happening only on your live website and not the staging website, shows the code of our theme is ok and some environmental matter is in the way.

I suggest that you also remove the Domain Name Servers from CloudFlare and let your hosting service provider handle the domain. That way you can make sure the Cloudflare is out of the picture.

I checked the Firefox and it still shows some js files served from CloudFlare.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.