Woocomerce Old Template Files in 2.3.8 Pro

Hi There,

I was hoping you could help me.

I get this error on my Dashboard when I update theme to 2.3.8 of Pro:

Your theme (Pro – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.

Hey J,

X and Pro is not yet updated for the latest version of WooCommerce. The supported version is currently 3.4.5. Please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

What you need to do is downgrade WooCommerce to the supported version. The instruction to downgrade WooCommerce is at https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/installing-uninstalling-woocommerce/#section-3

Thanks.

I see. Ok, thanks for letting me know.

You’re welcome.

Just a reminder. 3.5.1 will be the lowest requirement for Wordpress 5 when it comes out.

Hi J,

Thanks for letting us know.

Have a great day!

When are you planning to release updated theme files for woo commerce? I also updated and got the same error. However I did a lot of other work on the site and I don´t want to revert to an old back-up and redo all the other work on the site just to fix this.

Hi,

Sorry I am not in a position to share ETA on the releasing next supported version of WooCommerce.

I checked and this template notices don’t actually cause any bugs or issues. So you may ignore it for now.
Our developers is already aware of this and the messages will be fixed when we roll out out next release update soon.

For future reference, please always check our version compatibility page before updating any plugins.

Thank

1 Like

I too would be interested in an approx timeline for an updated release. For now, I don’t see any glitches or weird behaviour, so I’m inclined to simply dismiss the warning in the dashboard, but still… it would be good to know how long we can expect to dance in the unknown. Love your product. Keep it up!

Thanks, Paul! Good pointer on the version compatibility check. Cheers! C

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.