Woo Commerce delivery address fields won't save

Hi Bev,

No luck, still getting the same result. Yes, please provide your CPanel login credentials and I’ll check if there is a security that’s blocking it. Though, I can’t guarantee it so you may as well contact your hosting provider and see if your site is blocking access from other countries.

Thanks!

Hi

I will send on CPanel log in your secure link . You might also be able to access the site via the web applications/Wordpress link. Can you make any changes to the back up site - not the real one.

How do I

Thank you. Yes, it’s recommended to make changes in staging only.

Hi - any news on this ?

We still can’t login to your staging site’s WordPress Admin. It’s returning a 404 page not found error. We need for you to fix that first so we could check what’s going on.

The cPanel access was just for Rad to check if there’s a security rule blocking access. I don’t see anything blocking so you might want to contact your host for this.

Once we can login to your WordPress admin, we could check the issue and try to replicate it on our end to see if there’s an issue with the theme. If you can detail how we could replicate the issue, that would be best.

Thanks.

The hosts think you have been blacklisted so are asking for an IP address and exact country location. Could you send these to me?

Regretfully, it’s not feasible that we give each support staff’s IP address because we’re located in different parts of the world and we’re working in shifts.

Please ask your host to disable IP blacklisting while we investigate.

Thanks.

Hi. Conversation here with the hosts fyi. They are asking for a screen shot of the error message. They dont think it is blocked.

Bev The theme makers are trying to fix a problem but their technician cant access the site via the WP dashboard. BK suggested we whitelist their IP address or location but they say Regretfully, it’s not feasible that we give each support staff’s IP address because we’re located in different parts of the world and we’re working in shifts.

Please ask your host to disable IP blacklisting while we investigate.
James:
We cannot disable it entirely I’m afraid. You could however whitelist all countries by adding them all to the .htaccess
Bev:
the domain is the temp site backup.jorgsgoldsmithstudio.com and the error is 404
James:
Ah, if it is a 404 error then it is a different issue
James:
One moment
James:
http://backup.jorgsgoldsmithstudio.com/wp-admin is loading for me, is it 404 or 403 you are seeing?
Bev:
I dont get an error, but they do and they have confirmed 404
James:
Has wordpress just recently been set up on this domain? If it’s a 404 error it could be a caching issue
Bev:
it was set up about three weeks ago
James:
The cache should have cleared by now then. Can you get a screenshot of the error page? Would be best to confirm the issue before proposing solutions
Bev:
Strange too because a plugin technician was able to access this temp site
James:
If it’s 404 I don’t believe it is an IP issue, the IP issue would result in 403
Bev:
This is their last comment We still can’t login to your staging site’s WordPress Admin. It’s returning a 404 page not found error. We need for you to fix that first so we could check what’s going on.
James:
Can you get a screenshot of the error page sent to help@blacknight.com?
Bev:
I will ask them- may take a while for them to reply but I will send it on

Hello @fastnetwebs,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Another support staff here. I tried logging into the WordPress admin section and I am also not able to login. Sharing the screenshot in secure note.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to communicate outside Apex forum. In that regards we won’t be able to send screenshot from our end to the email address you have shared. However, I can upload the screenshot to Dropbox and share the URL over here that you can share with them.

Thanks.

Thank you. The hosts have confirmed that they have fixed the issue and you should be able to log in now. B

Hi,

Regretfully, I am still getting a redirect loop.

Please contact your host again.

Thanks

Hi just to confirm that the hosts have de-listed the site and say that you should have no problem accessing it now.

Bev

Hi Bev,

I’m able to load the log-in page now, the issue is, none of the provided credentials are working. Perhaps you have changed them? Please provide the updated login credentials.

Thanks!

Oh dear- thanks for you patience. Here are some log in details which work for me (ill add in the secure note option)

Hi @fastnetwebs,

I’m able to check it and looks like it’s a conflict between your custom form editor plugin and your current X version (1.8). It’s one of the ancient version of X :slight_smile:

And it appears that you also upgraded your Wordpress to 5.0.3 which makes the theme and its X shortcodes incompatible. Could you try updating them in staging just for testing?

Please check this for staging recommendation https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-error-message/48874

Once with the staging, please update them and we’ll continue checking. Or should I update your current backup installation? Just for confirmation just in case it’s your main backup.

Thanks! :wink:

Hi Rad,

Thank you. Which version of WordPress do you recommend and I can revert to it?

Can’t see which plug is the problem- is it the custom form one or one of the checkout field plug ins? We can probably lose these if needed.

Alternatively can we update X? The current version is hard to update because the original designer did not use a Child Theme. Is there a way to upgrade to the newest version of X without losing the style changes? And would that help?

It is fine for you to update the back up or make any changes so please do if it helps - this is just a clone backup site and I can also reload another version of the original if problems arise. As long as I can see what to do to the real site once we have identified the problems.

Regards
Bev

Hi @fastnetwebs,

I’m not sure which version, the theme and X shortcode are quite old. I recommend restoring your entire site to when it’s still working. So the database could be restored too instead of just files.

It could be multiple conflicts and I can’t provide any further information since we have to narrow down possible causes by updating them or restoring them for compatibilities.

Yes, you can update the theme manually. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 (Manual Updates). And you should do that in staging for testing and possible issue fixes. I recommend contacting a webmaster or developer for that as it’s coming from quite old versions and may require strict attention. Even if I do update it, I can’t fix the issues due to feature gap as this is more on site maintenance and we can’t do that here in the forum.

But if you just wish to find out about that checkout editor plugin then I recommend just restoring your site back to when it’s still working. Still, we can’t fix the conflict between the theme and your plugin here in the forum if there is any, but we could add it to our issue tracker along the information we can find.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thank for the detailed response and report.

Unfortunately the fields editor and a number of other elements of woo-commerce are not working and some have not been working for some time. Some glitches predate the addition of the fields editor. For that reason I am not sure it is worth the time to revert the site through its older versions - as you say there are so many and there is no guarantee of success.

Is there any way of updating the X theme safely as things stand? I added the latest version to another clone and many of the style elements were lost.

If this is not achievable I think we may have to live with the glitches rather than re-work the site.

B

Hi @fastnetwebs,

Unfortunately, the result may vary depending on existing or previous setup. I’m not saying it’s not safe but issues is unavoidable due to feature gaps. And your current versions are far behind from the latest.

It may not a rework of the entire site, but yes, you may need to re-edit some of the content or configuration to make it work again. You could update and test it on your staging then we could help you with the issues bit by bit by recommending some procedures or workaround. And please open a thread for each issue, please note that we can’t do site maintenance so we could only offer some guidance :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.