With WP 5.0 I cannot make posts with Pro

I used to use classic editor for my posts. With the wordpress 5.0 & new editor I had many problems with putting content in their blocks & it always says saving failed. When I typed in content in their blocks it took out spaces between words. OK not your problem, just letting you know.
So I came in here for info about this and added new plugin for classic editor & was able to save & publish my post. My twitter cards did not work anymore, which I have with yoast premium…
Went to hostgator to see that my server & site was OK. They are updating my PHP to 7.2 for me. Then went to yoast & added a health chech plugin & I receive this REST API availability error:
[[[The REST API call gave the following unexpected result: (404) [{“id”:11308,“date”:“2018-12-17T20:49:33”,“date_gmt”:“2018-12-18T01:49:33”,“guid”:{“rendered”:“https://changeyourbeliefsnow.com/?p=11308"},“modified”:“2018-12-19T11:03:48”,“modified_gmt”:“2018-12-19T16:03:48”,“slug”:“new-hope”,“status”:“publish”,“type”:“post”,“link”:“https://changeyourbeliefsnow.com/new-hope/”,“title”:{“rendered”:"New Hope”},“content”:{“rendered”:"
Do you think it is time to have new hope for our world?\u00a0 </strong></h2>\n
Each day we receive messages of hate and division.\u00a0 It gives way to let go of hope of a positive future.\u00a0 As we all struggle to keep our self afloat, the idea that there is a better future moves further from our imagination. Any new hope escapes our awareness.\u00a0 Hope is good for our health and necessary for us</a>.</p>\n]]]

So I published in twitter anyway. Then added my youtube link to get an image in twitter.
Wanting to use the cornerstone editor now, so I just don’t have these messes, but now cannot seem to make any new posts in cornerstone.

So tried to start a new post marking it first as cornerstone content. (My blogpage is not cornerstone & maybe I need to make it that.) Not sure how to do that since it is a hidden page. I sure could use your help team.
Even though I added this is cornerstone content, it stays in that crazy G editor. I cannot find anywhere to make it conrnerstone. I cannot find a setting place (you guys mention here) when I go into theme or appearance. Just frustrated. I have my super cashe & bitly plugins deactivated. I usually do that for Pro. I am desperate to get going again. Will add my admin info private below here to get your help. ChangeYourbeliefsNow.com WP 5.0 Pro ver. 2.4.3 post is New Hope. My try at conrnerstone is hope anew.

Decided to go into my pages & I cannot edit my pages in pro either. I also deactivated all my plugins and Pro editor still did not come up, just a circle opening forever, but not my page. Now activated plugins again except bitly & super cashe. So pro just isn’t working for me for some reason.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for writing in! You can still use WordPress classic editor by installing it manually (https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/).

If you’re still having content builder issues, could you please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue. Most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also check your PHP version and memory limit.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and FTP credentials of your server using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

I am not sure you read though my request.
I did download & use classic editor to get my post out. I don’t want to use classic editor I want to use Pro. I want to use my pro to write my posts as well as my pages. . Also editing my pages in pro does not work either. They were made in pro.

1. All up to date.
    2.Cleared and did not help at all.
  2. I have a dedicated server, not content delivery network.
    4.Tested my plugins as I wrote before. they are not causing conflicts. I do deactivate bitly and super cashe as I mentioned before because they have typically caused issues with pro for me.
  3. What is CSS & Javascript? How do I remove? What do you mean by test the case?
    6.How do I reset .htaccess? Also what is that?
  4. My PHP is 7.1.3
  5. How do I check my PHP time and set it? The article left me clueless because it assumed I knew where to go to do this.
  6. I just have no idea how to do this. Can you help me?

As I wrote before I cannot edit anything on my site now. Does not work nada! All my pro pages are not able to be edited or I cannot make a new page in pro. Yes, I am doing it correctly by going into pages, then clicking edit in pro.

Hi Susan,

I tried increasing your memory limit and max execution time but it didn’t help.

Can you please contact your host and ask to increase your PHP Version to 7.2 or greater.

That is the required version of wordpresss

https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Thanks

I have had that request in since yesterday. I will check to see if they have completed yet. I will escalate that & let you know when it is done. They refuse to give me a time when it will be complete. Busy tech people with issues everyone is having with this wordpress update.

Sure, please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks Team!

Just received this from my host

“I am happy to report that the installation of PHP 7.2 has now been completed. PHP 7.1 remains the default version of PHP for your server but 7.2 can be enabled for specific sites, accounts, or all sites through the “MultiPHP Manager” tool within WHM.”

Can you guys enable it for me for pro and in case they didn’t increase my time or memory limit (which I requested), could you do that as well? Then hopefully this is the only issue stopping pro from working. Will repost my FTP here for you.

Hello Susan,

Thank you very much for sending the information. I have logged in to your WHM and CPanel. I was able to change your PHP version and your site is using PHP 7.2 now. I was also able to resolve the issue with Pro Editor. You can now edit the pages using the editor. The last thing I did, I have updated your permalinks in Appearance > Permalinks.

Please check your site now.

Wow, It is working for me. Thank you so much team. I can use pro again. Yipee!

One question please.

If I go to my dashboard in appearance, I do not see permalinks anywhere. How do I update them myself?

My site health check is as clean as a whistle.

Susan

Hello Susan,

Sorry, it is Settings > Permalinks. I was thinking of another thing and that’s why I type the wrong location.

Best Regards.

Thanks so much team! You rock!.

You are most welcome!

Happy Holidays!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.