Will 5.2.0 update break my sites current CSS?

I’ve just been informed of the current update X Theme 5.2.0. Sounds great.

These seem like quite big changes however. I have A LOT of CSS going on on my site which a lot of these changes remove the need for. My question is, will this break said CSS. Or change the way my site currently looks.

I ask as an update to the email plugin completely destroyed the CSS I had for my email forms a few months back. Then I had to go into Google Chrome Inspector and find the new names for all the elements.

I’m pretty nervous about updating as I love how my site looks and performs but again always love to stay up to date.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Stefan Guy

Hi @stefanguy,

We’ve extensively beta tested this update and didn’t encounter issues where custom CSS was effected. The bulk of this update is that you get access to new elements. Because we didn’t change anything in the original elements, any custom styling should remain the same.

As with any customizations, I can’t say with absolute certainly nothing will change. If you’ve heavily customized things I would advise you setup a staging environment where you can test the update safely without affecting the live site. And as always, make a full backup before updating.

Thanks for the response Alexander, perfect. I’ll set up a staging environment as advised to stay on the safe side!

Hi There,

Thank you for your understanding. Also the following guide will help you to setup a staging server.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126

Thanks!