Widgets aren't showing up in the customiser - X theme

Hi. I’ve just transferred my X theme license to another domain and I’ve started working on making a new website with it. So I’ve installed the main demo theme which I plan to customise as I did before, but the demo widgets aren’t showing up in the customiser menu for me to change and when I add a new widget to the header section, it doesn’t show up. My Wordpress and theme and plugins are all up to date as well. Please advise why this is happening and how to fix it. Thank you.

Hi There,

Could you please try the troubleshooting first?

Troubleshooting
One potential issue you may run into when using the importer is a message reading “We’re sorry, the demo failed to finish importing.” There are a few possibilities for this error, but the most common one is that the AJAX requests used to run the importer are reaching the WordPress memory limit. It is possible this might come up for certain hosting environments, or if you’re running WordPress v4.3 as there is a memory leak in the admin that will not be patched until v4.3.1. If this is the case, you can try increasing your memory limit by following the instructions in the WordPress Codex66.

Another potential issue is that if you delete the demo content, and import the same demo again, it will not import the deleted pages, posts, or images. X remembers what has been imported, and won’t reimport the same thing twice. If you delete something, it will be assumed that you don’t want it. However, there is a way to purge this cache and allow the importer to run fresh again. Just add &clean-cache to your URL. For example:

http://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-home&x-clean-demo-content-cache

In doing this, you may run into duplicate items if you didn’t delete them previously.

If it still doesn’t work, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

I’ve posted the credentials above. Thanks.

Hey @Baz88,

Only our Expanded Demos includes widget contents. For more details, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56

Regarding this:

I see you have added your own widget. Is this solved?

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me. It’s still not working. I’ve installed the Spa expanded demo and there’s still no widgets showing in the customiser, apart from the one I added but that one isn’t even showing in the preview of the website. Please help, I’ve got a deadline :flushed:

Hi,

Your header widget can be seen by clicking on the plus sign on upper right.

https://www.screencast.com/t/9Llehehf

You can also edit your Header Widgets along with other widgets under Appearance > Widgets

This is your Main Sidebar on the front end.

Ok, maybe I’m not explaining myself well enough. When I first downloaded the X theme about two years ago, I important a demo site with no problems. (the main one, and not an expanded one) and then when I opened the customiser, all the demo content was there separated into widgets for me to edit as I please. I could add new sections and take sections away via the widget panel in the customiser. It was so easy to use and beautifully designed.

Now, I’m told that I can only install ‘expanded demos’ So I did, and there are no widgets in the customiser apart from the one at the very top (the plus symbol in the corner) How do I edit the main body of the demo content???

What’s happened to this theme? It used to be so easy.

For example, where it says ‘relax refresh renew’ on the spa demo content, how do I edit that? I can’t find an option to do anywhere!

Please get back to me about this as soon as possible. This has been going on for days now and I need to start making this website.

Thank you.

Wait! I think I have just figured it out :man_facepalming:t2:

My apologies. As I said, it’s been two years and I’m quite rusty :flushed:

Glad you’ve sorted it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.