Widget is a sidebar doesn't work

Hi, I add new items into a widget to place in the main sidebar, but the sidebar does not appear, nothing changes in it.

Hi there,

Please make sure that you clear your browser and plugin cache if you have a cache plugin. By the way, you need to make sure that you set the layout of the page to show the Sidebar by going to Pro > Theme Options > Layout and Design.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Also, give us the exact steps to take to see the case and the page to check the sidebar in. Thank you.

I cleared the cache with total cahce but no luck.

Hi There,

I have tried to login to your site, but it still need a verification code to finish the login process (see secure note).

Could you please confirm? so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

Hello, Please try now.

And please remove the image with my login page above. Thanks.

Hi there,

Are you trying to have the sidebar show up on the homepage? If so, it does not show even if you set the settings in theme options because the template that the homepage uses is Blank - Container | Header, Footer as the Page Template.

Try setting the page template to Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I know about this stuff. I tried to have it at /shop, not homepage.

Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying.

Would you mind settings the user you provided as an admin so that we could access the widgets page in the admin so that we can check this further.

Thank you.

Done! Thank you.

Hi There

Please provide admin privileges to the given user.

Thanks

Done! Instead of demo please enter demoo. Same password.

Hello There,

I was able to login using the demo as username.

The sidebar widgets did not appear because of caching issue. You have installed W3 Total Cache plugin. Always keep in mind that after making every site changes or option settings changed you must clear the plugin cache first before testing your site. I also noticed that you are using CloudFlare. You must login to your CloudFlare account and purge your site cache as well before testing your site. For best results, please make use of the recommended CloudFlare settings which you can find it here: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

By the way, you may disable caching plugin and CloudFlare at the moment. Caching is best enabled when you are done developing your site.

One last thing, please also keep in mind the limits of the WooCommerce widgets. Some widgets will only display in specific pages or areas. Please check that out here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-widgets/

Hope this helps.

Hello,

OK, I deactivated CDN Rewrite plugin that I use with MaxCDN, deactivated W3 Cache plugin, I don’t use cloudfare any more. I deleted cache at my max cdn account.

Then I set up a sidebar using plugin Sidebar & Widget Manager, assigned it to /shop page. In widget area I added some widgets to this sidebar. But still nothing appears.

Another thing is, in my /shop page, I don’t have Template dropdown as you showed on the screenshot above. Is this normal? And what else can I do to finally be able see widgets in the sidebar?

Hi,

I tried adding a text widget and it seems to work.

Can you confirm if this is still an issue in your end.

Thanks

Hi,

the text widget is the only widget that works. All others filters, etc don’t work.

Hi There,

The filter by price widget is working fine even other are too. Please confirm which particular widget you have an issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.