WHY: Hold up! The content has been modified outside of Cornerstone. Editing in Cornerstone will replace the current content. Do you wish to continue?

Am having a terrible time using cornerstone, sought assistance with WP Live, said if I can’t get support from X theme then I should drop this theme and find another.

I am unable to modify the or edit the front page whatsoever. I have updated the Cornerstone plug in, turned off and deleted all non essential plug in and have purged the cache.

I still get the message “Hold up! The content has been modified outside of Cornerstone. Editing in Cornerstone will replace the current content. Do you wish to continue?” and upon entry into cornerstone to view the front page and make edits I see just the header and the background color, none of the sections element or any of the icons are viewable on my screen.

Why is this happening, please advise I am able to pass log in credentials for you to take a look.

Guess I had to delete my whole site and start over. Really frustrating using this product, might as well just pay someone to do this

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Is this your first time using Cornerstone? Please be advised that Cornerstone is a page builder. This is not a page editor. All your pages previously created by the default WordPress editor or Visual Composer cannot be edited in Cornerstone. You can only edit pages that were created in Cornerstone. This is why if you try to edit a page, it will display the message “Hold up! The content has been modified outside of Cornerstone. Editing in Cornerstone will replace the current content. Do you wish to continue?”. And when you continue, all your previous contents will be discarded and the page content will be formatted as a Cornerstone page.

To get familiar with Cornerstone, please check out this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-introduction/118/1

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.