Why can't I import demos anymore

Hi there,

I have X Theme/Cornerstone (not PRO). The import demo functionality has been replaced by design cloud? I can’t important demos anymore. In this case, I wanted to import Renew 2.

Please advise.

I’m having this same exact issue. I followed a suggestion found on this forum to “make sure my PHP memory is set to at least 512mb,” but no luck, even after restarting the server, clearing cookies, cache.

Hey @weribinc and @a101web,

Thanks for writing in! The demo contents should still be present and the import will work if you are using the X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4. I just tested that in our local testing servers. We would love to log in to your site and investigate. Please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Secure note submitted. Thank you!

Somehow I’ve got X v. 7.1.0-RC1 and Cornerstone 4.1.0-RC1. I downloaded these when I clicked the “download latest version of X” off the Apex dashboard.

Same happened to me. I’ve replaced X 7.1.0-RC1 and Cornerstone 4.1.0-RC1 with X 7.0.4. and Cornerstone 4.0.4. (both of which I just copied from one of my other sites) and the Demo Content panel appears again in the X > Validation dashboard on my site.

Hello @weribinc and @a101web,

Design cloud demo installations were not yet stable. You may have installed the pre release version of the theme. Be advised that we only support stable versions. Pre release versions were intended for our developers and beta testers to find bugs, errors and conflicts. I would highly recommend that you revert back to X Theme 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4. This is where you can install a demo content at the moment.

Hope this helps.

I’ve setup a new site and updated pro, i have also the same problem with RC1 installed without asking anything !
How to go back to stable version ? I think the update channel got a bug a served us the RC :confused:

Edit: i’ll try to just upload the stable version and the FTP and see.

Edit2 : even the official download of the 3.0.4 on my dashboard is the RC ! What is happening ?

Edit3 : I was able to upload on the FTP the 3.0.4 and its working but please fix the updates fetching the RC !

Hi @popoche,

You might have added a line of code in the wp-config.php file that has enabled the beta updates, please check the wp-config.php file and remove the code related to pre-release updates to disable it. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/about-the-beta-category/2307

Let us know how this goes!

I didn’t add anything in the wp-config.php and i am not the only one. Like i said even on the dashboard if i try to download the 3.0.4 i get the beta. I think there is a problem with your system.

Hey @popoche,

Yes there was an issue in the update system which is now fixed, you can read more about it here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mistaken-update-to-release-candidate/66970

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.