Whole footer

one of my sites had an image behind the footer and the footer widget area.

.wholefooter {
	background-image: url('http://www.qwerty.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/morning-fog_8319886d4dba0a9d535f664149959cc0.png');
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-size: cover;
	background-position: center;
}

since updating the theme it has gone do I have to add it to the child ?

Hello @wicara,

Thanks for writing in!

You can add the CSS code in Child theme style.css file under Appearance > Theme Editor or in Theme Options panel under X/Pro > Theme Options > CSS.

Thanks.

sorry I know where to add the css, the class .wholefooter is gone and I would like to know how to either use the new one or add it back in please

Hello @wicara,

Which site has this issue? I can see you do have a lot of licenses. Above where the image is located is a WIX site. Can you point us to the correct URL? Thank you.

sure need to make this longer and add a secure note

Hi @wicara,

You might have added the customization on main X theme and not on a child theme. So when it was updated, it was overwritten. To put it back, please install a child theme. You need to copy this template on your child theme:
\wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\integrity\wp-footer.php
Create the same folder structure on child theme, and then copy that file here like this:
\wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\integrity\wp-footer.php
For that CSS to work again, wrap the entire code to a div with that class like this:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/INTEGRITY/WP-FOOTER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Footer output for Integrity.
// =============================================================================

?>
 <div class="wholefooter">
  <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer', 'widget-areas' ); ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_bottom_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<footer class="x-colophon bottom" role="contentinfo">
      <div class="x-container max width">

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_menu_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_nav', 'footer' ); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_social_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <?php x_social_global(); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <div class="x-colophon-content">
            <?php echo do_shortcode( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content' ) ); ?>
          </div>
        <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    </footer>

<?php endif; ?>
</div>
<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer' ); ?>

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.