White label producing an error

On one of my sites running X, I am getting an error with X-White Label enabled:

The strange thing is that we have about 5 similar sites, and this is the only site misbehaving.

The only thing I did notice is that the version of the sites that do have a properly working White Label plugin, seems to have an older version, or perhaps even a different version from White Label versus the site that is not working:

working:

not working:

So just to reiterate, the older version of the TCO White Label plugin IS working! But an “update” option is also not given.
Also please note how the Naming of the plugin is different between the 2 sites (“White Label” versus “X - White Label”) - yet BOTH plugins were installed through the X- Extension section: https://www.screencast.com/t/NjwRKCMo7cw

Any idea what’s going on?

thanks,
Rene

Hey Rene,

Please try doing a reinstall of the White Label plugin. You can do that by uninstalling the plugin then go to WP Admin Menu > X > Validation then install the plugin from there again.

If that doesn’t help, please give us your site’s WordPress Login URL, Username and Password in a Secure Note.

If you know or are comfortable with configuring WordPress, please disable the display of warnings and notices in your live site as that is a security risk. You can follow the instructions by WordPress: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

If you’re not sure how to do that, please try asking your web host if they could do that for you. Or, hire a WordPress developer.

Thanks.

I tried as you suggested but nothing changed, even after clearing cache etc. Just to clarify further: it’s not only that I am not “liking” the presence of benign PHP errors; the image is that is supposed to show up is also not appearing:

thanks,
Rene

Hi Rene,

That warning means the getimagesize() isn’t able to access the image served through CDN, that could be security-related. And it could be related to this https://community.cloudflare.com/t/php-getimagesize-image-url-failing-when-i-turn-on-cloudflare-cdn/18346

It’s a PHP function which our plugin or theme has no control, so it may fail depending on your current host setting. It may work on other sites since they are in different instances.

I installed debug info plugin and I don’t see any issue with configuration, the recommendation that I could give for now is contacting your hosting provider and get information why the PHP function getimagesize() is not able to access a CDN image, if it’s about CDN security then it’s out of your host control. I also recommend not deleting your media images when offloading them or else, they will be gone once you deactivate your CDN and I saw many similar issues. It’s not gonna restore those images once you deactivate the plugin.

Thanks!

Thanks; moving that one image from the S3 bucket to the local server did the trick!

One last question please: why do I see various versions of the X-White Label plugin? (1.3.4 versus 2.0.3 --> I am up to date with all my sites as far as the X theme is concerned).

Thanks again.

Hey @rstreng,

Those are the old versions you see, the latest version of White Label extension is 2.0.3, simply update the older versions to the latest one. You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Cheers!

and on the X sites where the “X-white label” version 1.3.4 are still showing as the most current version of this plugin (without an option to update), do you think if I delete them, and then reinstall them through the X-extension section, that the latest version of 2.0.3 becomes active?

Hello @rstreng,

Yes, please deactivate and delete the plugin. Go to X > Validation > Extensions to reinstall the latest version of the plugin.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.