White blank page full screen slider

Hi,

I am trying to create a home page which is a full page white screen with full page images of products (on white backgrounds) which automatically change through a slideshow. The only text I want is my company name at the top of the page.
I would like any part of the page - my name, or any of images - to link to a grid page, which shows all the products on one page.
Please can you help me with a step by step on how i can do this - I am going round in circles as it seems I have forgotten the basics. (I did build a site from scratch several years ago but hostgator wiped it, and I am struggling to get started again).
Also, out of interest are any of my original questions from way back when still available for me to refer to?

Thanks
Rachel

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for writing in!

To accomplish what you have in mind, you will need to familiarize some of the features available in the theme.

1.) First, you will need to get to know the different page templates. For you needs, you will be needing to use the Blank - No Container page template. Please check it out here:

2.) For you slideshow, you might need to install Slider Revolution and create a product gallery slider. You can install this plugin in X > Validation > Extensions. To Know more about this plugin, please check this out:

3.) For your products, you will need to install WooCommerce plugin. For more details, please check this out:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

HI RueNel,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have read the articles and created a No container, No Header No Footer page.

I have created a slider called Landing Page 3 in Revolution Slider and selected it in the elements section on cornerstone.

I have saved it in cornerstone, and refreshed in WP. However I cannot live view in cornerstone. To view it I have to go to the page in WP and select view.

If I try and view it through the dashboard, on the Visit Site tab, I get a Le Blog page.

I would also love to be pointed to a tutorial on how to resizes images for the slider as some are too large for the page. I changed everything to max 1024 pixels in the media library but this hasn’t helped.

All help greatly appreciated, Thanks, Rachel

Hey Rachel,

Regretfully, our products do not have a feature to resize an image moreover that it is a common practice to resize an image using an image editor like Photoshop before uploading it to WordPress.

If you’re interested in resizing images within WordPress though, this article might help: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/compress-resize-images-wordpress/

Hope that helps.

Great thanks!

Do you know how i can view it through cornerstone? It says ’ now preview available and the live view button doesnt work?

Also can you tell me why it is not showing ‘live’ on my site?

Thanks again

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

We have stopped the preview of the bundled third-party plugins in the builder a long time ago because of JavaScript conflicts. In the live page, there are a couple of factors that can affect the slider. ThemePunch has written the common factors and solutions at https://www.themepunch.com/faq/troubleshooting-tips-for-5-0/. Please apply them to your site.

Thanks.

Hi again,

Is there a slider that comes with / or works with Theme X that I can preview in cornerstone please?

Thanks

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

You can use Classic Slider that gives you live preview in Cornerstone

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.