Where to place meta tag in child x-theme for Norton Safe Web?

I need to place this meta tag to verify my site on x-theme’s homepage but have no idea how to do this. I tried uploading an HTML tag to place in my websites file and they did not work. Please help.

Norton’s directions:

"To verify your site ownership, you can either add a meta tag to your homepage or upload an HTML verification file to your site. Please select the verification method you would like to use.

Meta Tag
Copy the meta tag below and paste it into your Web site’s homepage. It should go in the section, before the first section."

Tag to be placed: <meta name="norton-safeweb-site-verification" content="yshvpbe9a76v4iyulp276slklu7my8g383bvl1013use9ppaif81owxw6o2kunqdnv-ouqitmnqr08mrvq1egouh6ovcj2s4hk712443ibi0ubqahwcnaha4myk94vg1" />

Hi There @tstamps22

Thanks for writing in! You can either use a 3rd party plugin like Insert Headers and Footers or you can utilize your child theme’s functions.php file.

First you need to setup a child theme by following this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57). Then you can add the following code into your child theme’s functions.php file.

add_action('wp_head','my_verification');
function my_verification () { ?>

<!-- replace this line with your  code here -->

<?php }

Hope that helps.

It still does not verify. Do I have to place this code in the php file a certain way?

Hi there,

Based on your screenshot, it seems that you have commented the line:

add_action('wp_head','my_verification');

Please remove the // before the add_action.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, this did not work and it’s very frustrating that the X Theme does not make it easier to add meta tags in the header or php files to verification of tracking apps and such. Please help.

Hey Troy,

Please give us the URL of your site so we could check if your code was added or not. If it was added and it still does not verify, then the problem is with your code and/or the verification process.

Thanks.

Hi There @tstamps22

Upon testing your site, I can see your meta tag has been successfully placed on the header area.

You may need to check with Norton support with regard to the verification process.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.