Where to find XCS file?

Hi,

I want to install a child theme in my site that uses X. In the instructions for the process I found on the Forum the advice to download the XCS file to my local computer. Where do I find that file? Just using ftp?

Many thanks in advance.

Ton in 't Veld

Hi Ton,

Thanks for reaching out.

The XCS is not part of the child theme, please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57 for correct child theme installation.

Or, are you trying to import a site’s configuration? You don’t have to do that when you import a demo, it will be automatic once you import it in Admin > X > Validation. But, if you’re transferring a configuration from one site to your site then you can simply export it by going to Admin > X > Validation > Theme Options Manager

And import it to your site on the same section (above the import button).

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
Thanks for your fast reply.

I used an advice from one of your colleagues 4 days ago:
- Download the child theme and upload it to your WordPress dashboard in Appearance > Themes like any normal theme. Please do not activate it yet.
- Go to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager and download the XCS file to your local computer.
- Go back to Appearance > Themes and then activate your newly uploaded child theme.
- Go back again to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager and import the XCS file that you have previously downloaded. This is to make sure that your child theme will have the same settings as your parent theme.
- Lastly, if you have made any file modifications, please make sure to note those files. Copy those files and place it in your child theme’s folder in the same order. And if you added any custom codes in your parent theme’s functions.php file, you will have to transfer those codes to your child theme’s functions.php file.

But here is no ‘Theme Options Manager’, but just ‘Customizer Manager’. I presume it’s just the name, and the procedure is the same?

Ton

Hi Ton,

Yes, it’s the same thing and same procedure applies. You might have an older version of the theme.

Please check link below

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.