Where so I find instructions to RE-learn everything with the new X?

Hello,

I’m trying, trying, trying to understand how to do things in the new X.

BTW WHAT AN EFFING NIGHTMARE HOW MANY SITES< SECTIONS AND CONTENT HAVE BROKEN and need to be replaced with new sections, and elements without any instructions.

Featured Icons no longer work–I cannot click into them to edit them, and there is no replacement for them.

Parallax now cannot work. there is Upper and Lower parallax, and when selecting them both, or either one the background image disappears behind a white BG color. The odd times when I get an image to actually appear in the BG of a section I CANNOT get it to be parallax no matter what settings I guess at trying. Always the bg image is static and moves with the section.

Headers… headlines… there is no setting to tell them to be H1, H2, H3, H4, etc. and no way to tell them which one to look like.

Text area. Are you kidding me? WHY did you limit your paying users to a business card sized box to edit text in?

I have so many content areas that no longer display anything in them. I found the way to fix this is to create new sections (which cannot be named!), and to add the new elements into them and then try and guess which settings do what and where do I find all the settings I need (e.g. Styles is gone in most places).

It is a horrible thing you do to thousands of people who pay for your theme (I have more than 20 licenses in several client accounts), when you change everything and leave us to be screamed at by our clients as we race around trying to fix broken content on sites.

THEME.CO – I have been going night and day for a couple of weeks trying to fix everything that was working on sites in the previous version of X.

Our work as web developers/designers is hard enough without the frameworks we rely on giving us a big finger after we pay for working themes.

I could go on and on about things that we asked for in the support forums the last few years that are NOT fixed, but instead theme.co spends time and money making a new version of a framework that has damaged client goodwill and cost us so many lost daytime work hours and nighttime sleep hours.

2 Likes

I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD of @WPH2o above post.
Thank you for being so eloquent. I share the dismay.
My situation is that Cornerstone 2.1.3 ‘messes up’ and will not open the edit page, so I restore to 2.0.6.
But for how long can I depend on 2.0.6 as themes and plugins move forward?
Hopefully - long enough for me to leave ThemeX and Themeco to re-write our websites in a standard Wordpress theme.
Very very sad.

Hey @WPH2o,

We’re sorry that you’re experiencing issues with X.

First, you don’t need to learn much because the old or Classic Elements are still available. More options have just been added to Sections, Rows and Columns.

For your issues, would you mind providing more details about these

Regarding parallax, by default, the effect is subtle. You will need to drastically increase the parallax size to see the effect. Unlike the old system, you now have more control over the parallax. This has been requested by many customers.

If you’re using the Classic Headline element, nothing has changed.

If you’re referring to the new Headline element, you don’t have the Looks Like option because you can style it. You might think it doesn’t make sense individually styling it but a template manager might be possible in the future (see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/template-manager-discussion/12191). Please remember that you’re free to use the Classic element you’re accustomed of using.

A lot of customers voiced out their frustrations regarding this and this will change soon. Here’s a preview:

There are a lot of factors that could cause update issues. Please do these basic troubleshooting steps first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please provide WP admin and cPanel credentials in a Secure Note so we could investigate closely. Please note that we might deactivate plugins and remove customizations for troubleshooting purposes so if that could not be done in your live site, clone your site to a staging server and give us access.

We’re very sorry you’re experiencing this but the new features are requested by a many users also and the new setup balances the needs of different user types.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.