Where is setting for Favicon and Apple Touch Icon?

Hi,

I would like to change Favicon and Apple Touch Icon. Till not a long time ago I could change that under Site Icons but I can’t find that option any more.

I was looking under Theme options or Appearance Customize anymore.

Where is Site Icon option located?
What am I missing?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello @dasbios,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can setup/change favicon from Appearance > Customize > Site Identity.

Thanks.

We have different visual for Favicon (multi size, pixel perfect .ico) than for Apple Touch Icon (pixel perfect and visually optimized for mobile devices .png).

Where/how can we separately setup Favicon (.ico) and Apple Touch Icon (.png)?

That was possible until now.

PS:
I can see that behind-the-scene you are still having two different fields for storing values for those two icons.

So the question is where is the front-end, from now on, to enter those values.

//
// Options - Site Icons.
//

$x['set'][] = array( 'x_icon_favicon', 'refresh' );
  $x['con'][] = array( 'x_icon_favicon', 'text', __( 'Favicon (Set Path to Image Below)', '__x__' ), 'x_customizer_section_site_icons' );

$x['set'][] = array( 'x_icon_touch', 'refresh' );
  $x['con'][] = array( 'x_icon_touch', 'image', __( 'Touch Icon (iOS and Android)', '__x__' ), 'x_customizer_section_site_icons' );

Hi there,

As of X 6.1.0, we have migrated to native WordPress “Site Icon” settings for cleaner brand management and since Wordpress has native feature for favicons.

Since you could only set on favicon from the customizer, what you can do is add the touch icon through the child theme.

Try adding this to the functions.php file of the child theme:

add_action('wp_head','custom_script');
function custom_script() {
?>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="apple-touch-iphone.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="apple-touch-ipad.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="apple-touch-iphone4.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="apple-touch-ipad-retina.png" />
<?php
}

Please update the href value in the code to the correct files.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

OK.

Thank you.

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.