Where / how to place shortcodes in new cornesrtone?

Hi, I am starting a new thread because you asked me … but really this is a follow up to this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/blockgrid-without-white-space/9677/10

Thanks for the response it makes sense, kind of!

Two questions:

SO you are saying: V2 elements do not have a shortcode.
SO - for example, what if we wanted to do a lightbox in V2, how is this done without shortcode, so get the same result that I did in the example in the other thread (it was small images that all open to lightbox few of all the images in larger size, to be clicked through and with thumbnails at the bottom)

If I DO want to still use shortcode, is the way I did it in the example correct? (Please look at the shortcode I used, and also is putting it in a V2 Content Area ElementOK?) … It worked OK, but I need to know f there is a better way … because even though it worked in this scenario, if it is to the best way it may not work in the future … or in a slightly different example it might not work.

Thx.

Hi,

I think you miss understood what my colleague is trying to say.

Classic elements has shortcode equivalent but v2 elements has no shortcode equivalents.

eg.

Though you can always use shortcodes in V2 elements just like you did.

And for the lightbox you still need to use the lightbox shortcode in combination with your v2 element.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.