Where do i find this?

Hi there, I need to put some code into “my website html templates” to get a chat button working.

These are the instructions:

As you chose to use a static / floating “Chat to us” button,
_You will need to copy the below code and place this at the end of your on websites HTML code. (Just before the last /body tag at the end of your document) _

How does this code work?
We simply place a static DIV on your webpage. This DIV has a static position so when a user scrolls it will stay in position. You place this DIV as the final element on your HTML document so it doesnt interfere with other elements.

Where do I find that for X - should imagine it’s in CPanel somewhere but not sure what I am looking for.

Hi there,

Please follow the suggestions in this thread:

Hope this helps.

Hi sorry, I probably didn’t give you enough/the right information.

That looks like something to do with a different plug in. This is IMLive Chat I’m working with, nothing to do with ManyChat.

The plug in is working fine, they just have some code that needs to be added to the website’s html code as the final element on the html doc so the correct style button appears on all pages - which I don’t know how to find in X on File Manager - does that make sense?

If not, don’t bother, I’ll see if their support can figure it out. It’s just that I know that X is differently structured from normal and I had to find a differently named file to put something in the header another time.

This is the code referred to in the instructions I quoted above in case it helps:

<div style="bottom:0px; position:fixed; right:10px; width:350px; text-align:right; z-index:1000" id="footerchat">

Live Chat software

Hi,

You can add that code to your site through theme hooks.

To add it, add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file

function add_chat_code() {
     ?>
    <div style="bottom:0px; position:fixed; right:10px; width:350px; text-align:right; z-index:1000" id="footerchat"></div>
    <?php

}
add_action( 'x_before_site_end', 'add_chat_code',99999 );

Hope that helps.

I think I need to take it to the plug in support as that method isn’t working. thanks for your help.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.