Where do I edit CSS now?

Hi there:

I built a site using X Theme and Cornerstone last year for a client. They’ve since maintained it and done updates. Now that I’ve logged back in, I can’t see where I edit the CSS! Previously I’m pretty sure I was editing the CSS in Cornerstone but when I’m in there now, the CSS area is blank.

If I use the Customiser > Additional CSS route, that is blank too.

The styles.css file in my child theme is blank, save for the required template info at the top.

Am I overlooking where this would be?

Kind regards, Russell

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using any caching plugins on the site? If so try purging all cache or tray disabling the caching plugin. Also you can disable other 3rd party plugins to isolate the issue.

Also make sure that you’re fully updated. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

If that doesn’t help, we may require your login credentials to check the issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi there:

Thanks for your suggestions. I’m pretty sure we don’t have any caching plugins running since it was going to interfere with another part of the site’s functionality. However, I disabled 75% of the site’s plugins (I had to keep some running since this was a public facing site, or I didn’t want to mess up someone else’s programming). I also made sure all your software was updated, but still the issue persists: I can’t see any CSS styles.

I’ll send you my login details privately.

Cheers, R

Hi There,

You have the latest version of Cornerstone, but you still have X 4.64 installed.

Please update your theme.

Hope it helps

Hey Joao:

Yes, that did the trick, thanks! My apologies, I thought I was up-to-date since I wasn’t seeing any Update warning for X Theme. Sorry to waste your time.

Thanks!

Russell

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

Cheers.