Where did 'excerpt' feature in Settings Go?

When creating blog posts or pages I used to be able to go to Settings, General, and ‘Add Excerpt’ to avoid a date repeat on recent posts here: www.hyperbitsmusic.com/blog...I can’t seem to find the feature of adding an ‘excerpt’ in the new X Pro Cornerstone. Do you guys have any idea how I can do this? I just want to be able to remove the date from appearing twice on the blog round-up page.

Thanks so much for your help!

This is specific to www.hyperbitsmusic.com/8-creativity-hacks but I can’t access the excerpt in past posts either with the new update of cornerstone/x.

Hi @Hyperbits

This is a confirmed bug. It was already reported to our developers and should be fixed on the next release.

Thank you

Thanks @joao, any idea when the next release will be ready?

Hi there,

There is no specific date when the new release is be live but there is already a beta version of this release which is open for testing.

As soon as the testing will be done, the release should be available.

Thank you for your patience.

Hey @jade - looks like this was updated but I can’t seem to find exactly where or how to do this? Could you point me in the right direction? I just want to be able to customize the excerpt for each article so I don’t get a date repeat here: www.hyperbitsmusic.com/blog

Hi There,

We did bring back the “Manual Excerpt” field on PRO v1.2.4 (changelog).

Your current PRO version is 1.2.3, please update to the latest version of the theme.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Thanks,

Hey there - so I’ve updated to the latest version of Pro and still don’t see where I can edit the ‘excerpt’ feature? Is there a screenshot or something visual I could reference?

Hi there,

Please check this, it’s Wordpress common feature and should be available in post types. Please edit your post and check this screenshot

https://www.mhthemes.com/support/files/2014/07/Custom_Excerpts.png

That should give you the option for manual excerpts.

Thanks!

Didn’t realize I was looking for this in wordpress, I was looking in X theme. Thanks!!

You’re welcome.