Where can I download the latest version of the cornerstone plugin again?

Hey guys, I had some issues on my site and got some things deleted, & I need to re-upload the cornerstone plugin to my sites. but it isn’t even showing up in my extensions on my back end… where can I download the latest version of the cornerstone plugin again?

thanks

Hi @btbogan,

Thank you for writing in, Please make sure that your previous Cornerstone version is deleted completely.

Then navigate to X dashboard, wait for a few seconds and X should re-install a compatible version of Cornerstone automatically.

Cheers!

thanks,

so i went to plugins & deleted the cornerstone plugin. went to the X dashboard and waited and nothing happened…

there was a link at the top that said, “THEMECO: You’re almost ready to start using X. Please click here to install and activate the required Cornerstone plugin.”

so i clicked it & got this message, “THEMECO: Unable to install Cornerstone. Plugin not registered.”

???

Aaaaand of course now the site looks like a bunch of code… How can I get this fixed ASAP?

Please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

ok sure, will do

Thanks for the credentials, but that does not bring us to the admin dashboard, it only redirects to /my-courses/ page. How can we access your admin dashboard?

Is this a multi-site? Can you reinstall the latest version of X (6.5.5), you can download the latest X here, then do the process again of reinstalling the Cornerstone.

sorry, i just changed the permissions, it should work for you now…?

and i’m not sure what a muli-site is, but I do have 2 sites that I am dealing with this issue with here.

Should I wait again for you guys, or should I download the newest version of X like you mentioned…?

@btbogan

I’ll check, I’ll let you know when I’m done.

Hi @btbogan,

I was able to reinstall the Cornerstone on both sites via Manual upload.

I could not figure what is causing the “Unable to install Cornerstone. Plugin not registered.” notice though, that could be a plugin conflict, a plugin or feature that is preventing installing the Cornerstone.

Another thing, when I check the site on front-end the X version is 6.5.0, but when you check on the backend (admin dashboard) the version of X is 6.5.6, this is strange, commonly this type of discrepancy issue is caused by a caching, please clear all your caching plugins or feature to avoid frontend - backend discrepancy issue.

Thanks,

sorry I don’t fully understand. is it fixed?
do I have any caching plugins?

when I go to the X dashboard it show me that the latest version installed is 6.5.0 on both sites…?

also when I scroll down to the extensions on that page I still don’t see cornerstone there, like it used to be. Correct?

also, I clicked the message to activate again, and this time it says it activated :slight_smile:
do I need to somehow get the 6.5.5 version?

Yes, it’s fixed now.

Yeah, that is the discrepancy I’m talking about, but If you check on Appearance > Themes it’s the latest X 6.5.6 that is installed on the site, that’s either a plugin or caching related, either way you can ignore that.

Yes, it used to be there, but it was intentionally removed because now the X will automatically install, or notify the user with the “here to install and activate the required Cornerstone plugin” notice that you see.

Like I said above, this could be a plugin conflict. But we dont do plugin test on live site without permission, so I installed the Cornerstone manually.

If you still want to download the latest version of Cornerstone, please do the following:

• Download the latest X in the APEX dashboard,
  • Extract the downloaded x.zip file.
  • Inside the /x/framework/ folder you’ll see the cornerstone.zip, that is the Cornerstone installer.

Cheers!

ok thanks so much guys. blessings

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.