When I save Changes Elements Move Around

I added a gap between a text element and a button element on my site. It looks correct in the Cornerstone preview, but when I view the page on the live site the gap elements move to the bottom of each column’s content. See what happens on the live site below:

I’ve tried replacing the gap element with the classic gap element, but that did not fix it. The gap keeps moving to the bottom. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Hi @santosfel5 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This could happen due to invalid html code with orphaned or a missing a closing tag in the content, please check your page content and look out for a missing closing tag and close it.

The Cornerstone shows the content correctly due to it’s auto correct feature however the front-end breaks the layout due to invalid HTML markup.

If you still have problems then kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi @Nabeel,

I went through and tried to find a missing closing tag, but was not able to find it. As far as I know no custom html code has been added to the Homepage where this error is happening. I posted a secure note so that you can have a closer look.

Hi @santosfel5,

I checked and I don’t see any difference from the builder preview and actual page view. The gap is displayed under the text, hence your screenshot is correct since it’s the same on the builder.

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing in the builder?

Thanks!

@Rad I did not originally save it with the gap at the bottom, it just keeps going there when I refresh the builder after save.

Try this to replicate the issue I’m having -

1. Move the gap between “Let Us Help You Feed Your Friends” and the red button
  2. Press save
  3. Refresh the builder for that page.

You’ll see that the gap moves to the bottom. That is the issue I am having.

Hello @santosfel5,

I can replicate the issue in your site. When I check in our testing servers, we cannot replicate any issue. Either using the classic gap or the v2 gap, after saving the pages, it will not jump back to the bottom and it will stay in it’s position.

In your site it is having an issue which is weird. I would recommend that in moving the elements, please double check it in the Layouts tab and see the skeleton structure before saving it.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.