When Editing in cornerstone (v6.04 X) it just sits and spins for ever

Hi,

So my cornerstone for some of my pages just sits and spins.
I am able to open the editor
I am able to make the changes
when I hit save, the green bar gets right to the end but never saves the page edits I made - keep in mind they are minor text changes.

I have cleared cache - applied the fix by adding the memory lines to the wp-config but I havent tried to disable any plugins yet. Seems to be related to the Classic Text box but I could be wrong.
Looking for ideas as I cannot edit this one page which my client is waiting and its a minor text edit.

If you want to take a look and login, let me know.

Thanks!!

Charlie

Hi There,

thanks for writing in!

First of all, we need your login details to check what could be the issue.

As I do not have access to your website dashboard I will suggest few troubleshooting steps that you should follow, you already followed few of them which I will not include anymore:

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare please follow the steps below:
    https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

4. Follow the steps mentioned here.

Hope this helps!

I will send you the login info in a sec

Hi there,

You seem to miss adding the URL. Kindly also provide the URL of the site so that we can check it.

Thank you.

Ha ha — sorry, it’s in the secure note.

Hello There,

I was able to log in and I found that your dashboard is a little slower. I might be wrong as this could just be my connection or my browser. I can see that you have updated to the latest version of the theme and cornerstone, I went in to check your other active plugins and some of it are a bit out dated. Could you please make sure that every thing is up to date? Most of the time, out dated active plugins could also create issues and problems in your site.

​We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Ok - let me update my plugins and let youknow if that makes a difference - As I said before, I edited the wp-config file already as that fixed my initial issues when I updated to 5.25.

Stay tuned - I will let you know what comes after the updates.

So initially updating the plugins worked, made a change, hit save and it said “Awesome”
So I continued to make one more change, hit save and now it just sits there with the green bar right at the end but hasnt finsihed yet - I am going to let it work for a bit but I need to fix this.

Does the version of PHP have anything to do with it?
I think the hosting is on 7.0 and they are asking if I want to upgrade to 7.2.
Thoughts?

Actually is PHP 7.1 NOT 7.2

I am getting a note that says “Ut oh, failed to save”

Ok - sorry for the many messages but it eventually saves after trying a few times.
Could it be my godaddy hosting enviornment?
New version of X
Version of PHP?

Good news I was able to update my page but it was very painful.

Any other suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

As long as you meet the requirements in runnng WordPress, there should not be any problem. Please check out the requirements here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

It could be because of your server or an error cause by something. Could you please provide us ftp of your site so that we can investigate further? To find where to get your ftp details, please check this out: https://ph.godaddy.com/help/find-your-ftp-loginusername-4881

Kindly let us know.

So I did notice on my hosting that I was maxing out the server at 512.
I just had it upgraded to 1GIG and a better package with godaddy - let me see if this makes a difference.

Just to confirm, I can upgrade to PHP 7.1 and not break my site?

I will send over FTP info in a few.

Hello There,

You can upgrade your PHP version as long as all it supports the least WordPress requirements.

Please let us know how it goes.

Good news is that my server upgrade fixed all my slowness and cornerstone issues - So for those who are having any issues like mine (slowness, preview doesnt come up, doesnt save your changes, just spins, etc…) Look at your hosting and make sure your not maxing out your RAM.

I am on Godaddy and I had only 512 megs of ram on my hosting package, the minute it took affect, my WP control panel loads faster, edits work like they should, preview errors went away and most of all, the end user experience with the site works even better than before. I upgraded the package on Godaddy to the “ultimate hosting Package” which gives you 1GIG of ram.

Now just have to update my PHP and I should be good to go. Thanks to the X support team for all your help and suggestions - greatly appreciated.

Now that I have 1GIG of memory on my hosting, should I remove this line from my ‘wp-config’ ?

Hello There,

Thanks for letting us know that you have figured out a way to resolve your issue. And please do not remove the line from your wp-config.php file as it serves as a default limit that prevents WordPress from maxing out your server RAM when there is some WordPress memory issues.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.