When changing from plain Permalinks we are getting 404 Error in Cornerstone

Hi There,
Just installed our 3rd licence and when changing the Permalinks to Custom Structure Cornerstone shows 404 - it only works as plain Permalinks … Why?
Thanks
Sharon

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To narrow down please try changing the permalinks after deactivating Cornerstone while a different theme is active. I think it might be a issue with URL rewrite. Please take a look at following article to resolve the issue:

https://www.ostraining.com/blog/wordpress/changing-permalinks/

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,
No Luck - we are still getting the 404 (the site is Nginx based so I don’t see where to edit the .htaccess file… )
Please how can we fix this?
Thanks
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

This does not happen in my test site so there’s probably some custom rules in your htaccess file that is causing this. Would you mind giving us FTP access in a Secure Note so we could check your htaccess setup. For now, please try reseting your htaccess by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thanks.

Thanks my host just fixed the issue
BTW is this something new? this is our 3rd X install and we didn’t have this issue b4…

Hi There,

It could be rewrite related which is responsible for permalinks. If it’s not configured or supported by your hosting, then you’ll get 404 on most of the pages.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.