What the HECK is this?

I was trying to sort out issues with BBpress on my site today, when I ran across this issue…I wonder if anyone has seen such a crazy thing and can tell me what’s going on? Because I am DYING to know how accounts, email addresses and telephone information is linked to a DAMN COLOR SETTING!!

This is a list (history) of names, email addresses, and phone numbers from my Google account, which however it occurred, is A SERIOUS security violation!!! (not happy to run across this at all!)

And it seems to just arbitrarily just jump around, depending where I click (which box) …it’s not just one box)

Also, no matter what I do, I can’t get my bbpress forum to show up live. I can edit the page, and it looks really great, but for some reason, the cornerstone forums page won’t display. https://everythingit.us/forums/

What is the current compatible version? All I can find is 2.5.4 …and that was 18 months ago…hopefully it’s not still the only version that works with Cornerstone? And is there somewhere that this information is maintained on a regular basis, other than some post buried in a thread that I may or may not run across?

Hello Donna,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Please do not panic with regards to your phone numbers and emails. This usually happens and will only occur in your browser if you save all the form information in your browser. I am guessing this happens in Chrome browser. If you test your site in Firefox or Safari, you will not have the same issue. To remove the auto fill form saved information, please go to your Chrome browser settings (chrome://settings/clearBrowserData) and clear the Autofill data.

2.) The latest supported bbPress version is 2.6. You can check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

There might be a slug conflict which is why the Forums page does not display. We’d love to check your site settings. If you could give us access to your site, that would be great. You can insert your WP credentials in a secure note when you replay. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

First of all, removing my autofill form data should be a required fix for a completely different program that should not be accessing it, …I LIKE my form autofill data, and I have no intention of deleting it. this does not explain HOW cornerstone is even accessing it. I can’t believe you even suggested that as a fix.

BBPress…I have 2.6 rc3. Is that no good then? Do I need to roll it back? I don’t even know where to go get an older version.

I will add credentials. They are the same as last time, with a new PW I guess…

Hello Donna,

I have tested several of our testing servers and I could not replicate the issue. I even tested your site and the autofill data do not have the same result on my browser.

The issue only occurs in your browser and not in any other browsers. Your data is safe as the theme do not collect or send data to anywhere. It is just your browser doing the autofill. I am not just sure why it loads in one of the fields. That should not have happened. Unless otherwise, you have a browser extension that detects input fields.

BuddyPress 2.6 rc3 is just a release candidate and not yet stable. We test for compatibility and support for stable plugin releases only.

Hope this helps.

what about BBPress? Any luck?

Hey Donna,

Sorry for the Typo error. I mean bbPress 2.6 and not BuddyPress.
You can check the latest support version in this knowledge base article:

bbPress 2.6 rc3 is not yet fully supported yet since it is still not a final and stable release.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.