What is this button?

I wonder what this button is supposed to do.

I appears in the ETHOS stack at portfolio items.
If you take a look at my, in the secure note. You will see that the button does absolutely nothing.
I would however not mind if it took you back to the general portfolio page, but for now it doesnt.

Hello Kiljan,

Thanks for writing in!

Job of the button is to take user to portfolio home page. So let’s say if a user is in a single portfolio page and want to visit the portfolio index page, just by clicking on the button user will be taken to the portfolio index page.

Thanks.

But it doesnt work. It just refreshes the page.
I would like for it to go back to the portfolio page (see secure note) but its currently not doing that

Is there a way I can remove the button completely?
I have figured out that if I dont use any page with the portfolio template, it doesnt work.
Its very unlogical. But since its there now, can I point the button to my portfolio slug instad?
It seems its looking for class=“entry-parent” so maybe I can add some code to say that the entry parent is my portfolio slug site?

Hey Kiljan,

The link you provided is not a Portfolio Page. It’s a Portfolio Archive. Please setup a Portfolio Page. Here’s the instruction: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-portfolios/98

Changing the slug is not recommended as that requires custom coding and that is not a part of our product support.

Hope that helps.

Hi. But the portfolio pages are really not pretty, I prefer the archive page.
Cant I just remove the button instead?

Hello Kiljan,

Yes, if you wish to remove the button, please add this code in X > Theme Options > CSS:

.entry-top-navigation .entry-parent {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

one last question. If I would like, wouldnt it be possible to, with code, just a href to the entry parent, so that I can assign another link to the button?

Otherwise, thank alot for you help!

Hi Kiljan,

I could point you in the right direction with the understanding that it would ultimately be your responsibility to take it from here. You can link that button manually to your cases archive page by using the jQuery .attr() function, see more details on the following link (https://api.jquery.com/attr/).

You can use the same selector used on the CSS above (.entry-top-navigation .entry-parent)

You can add JS codes under Theme Options > JS

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.