What is actually loaded when you select a base demo

Since the page structure does not load for example on integrity one it starts with an animation and an arrow to get to the home menus. If you select integrity one all you get is a single home page. I can start adding the different pages I need but what exactly does loading a demo give you. Is there a document that says what actually is getting loaded. As I stated before it is quite deceptive as you even preview the demo when you load the demo it shows all the pages in the demo. Not just the one that actually gets loaded. I just do not want to waste a lot of time re-inventing the wheel if it is just being hidden somewhere.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! We have standard demos and expanded demo contents. In standard demos, when you import it, you will get placeholders for images and no slider. The expanded demos can be imported in a one to one basis or the exact copy of the demo site. For more information about the difference in our standard and expanded demo as to why only placeholders in standard demos were explained on this page:

Thank you for your understanding.

From your document.
The Standard demo content importer is based off of our original demos, and allows users to setup their site similar to the specified source.

This importer will setup the structural layout from the homepage of the demo selected with placeholder content, and will also update your Customizer settings as mentioned above. Additionally, you can choose to import example posts or portfolio items to see how various features can be utilized. **

If you select to import posts, a blog will be setup for you, and importing portfolio items will similarly setup a portfolio page for you.

** The importer also intelligently discerns which items you do and do not have present, so nothing will be mindlessly duplicated or repeated if you go through many demos, keeping your content as clean as possible. An example menu will also be setup for you depending on the options you have selected, making things easy to get to and check out. The importer is not destructive, meaning it will never touch any existing content you may have in your installation.

I do not see any options to select anything but the demo itself,. Where do you select import posts, import portfolio options?

Hello There,

Sorry for the confusions. I have gone over the previous versions of the theme and the mentioned selection for importing the demo contents were removed and deprecated. With the latest versions, you can only import the customizer settings, the home page and the menus with standard demo contents. You will have a one to one or exact copy if you opted to import the expanded demo contents.

Do you want to import the demo posts and portfolio items? We may be able to provide you the demo xml file for the post and portfolio items if you wish. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtw504vrw8kapic/xsupport.posts.portfolio-items.xml?dl=0

And you can make use of the WordPress importer. (https://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content).

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.