What happened to "My Topics"?

Hi, I just logged on to search for some code customizations you guys have provided for me over the last few years.
Where did all of my topics/discussion threads go? I need all of that information so I can manage/update my sites.

Can you please provide instructions on how to get all of those topics back so I can at least copy/paste all of
the coded into a text editor for future use?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Here is an example of one of my old posts, that I found by googling my user ID: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/ethos-sidebarlayout-color-change/

How do I find the rest?

Thank you very much.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please do a Google search with a keyword artthescience + themeco, open each topic that is found and save all the code you need on a text editor. Do this as soon as possible before the new tickets on the new forum (APEX) overrun those old thread of yours.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you! Unfortunately, a lot of my replies are marked private, so I cannot see most of the posts. Please advise how I can download an archive of my posts to use as reference material for the customizations I have done.

:slight_smile:

The main reason why I am asking for an archive of my posts is to avoid reposting my previous questions and having your team answer them again.

Just seems more efficient to get the complete archive as a future reference if possible.

:slight_smile:

Regretfully, there is no way to download old topics. And also, past customizations might not work anymore due to new structures introduced in X. Also before, though we gave some custom code as we love to go above and beyond our support, this would not be the case anymore as it has proven to be a maintenance issue and caused confusion to other users. With that said, we can point you to the file or where you need to edit but you need to understand how to customize HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP code yourself or hire a third party developer. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you.

Thank you for your understanding.

So not only did you cut off long-time loyal customers from their previous documentation you are now not willing to help with the very help you have provided in the first place?

Does it mean that as theme X gets bigger the loyal people don’t matter anymore?

I used to hands down recommend theme X to everyone I know, now I am getting a bitter taste in my mouth from this interaction. Why would I want to give you any more of my $ or my time, let alone recommend you to others if this is the way you decided to treat older customers?

All of the minute customizations you have provided for me and for others were very useful to the community as we all learned along the way. The least you could have done is migrated my topics or allowed a download or at least notified me of the upcoming loss so that I could have made my own documentation.

Feeling really disappointed with how you handled this right now.

We care for all our customers old or new. Please do understand though that custom development is outside the scope of our support even in the past but we went above and beyond anyway. But, as I said, it has proven to be a maintenance issue and caused confusion to other users. We could point you to the file you need to modify in case it needs custom development, and might give some tips. I hope you understand our part also.

Regarding the old topics, it is still available on Google. But again, it will become more irrelevant onward and slowly phased out. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288 about the old forum.

As always, we support the theme and bundled plugins’ features. If you have a problem and it can be solve by the features available, we will be happy to help.