What happened to classic column element?

I’m trying to add classic columns on both sides of the content on this page to center it like the rest of our website - and, the classic column element is no longer listed in your elements section. Please advise.

Hello @POPFIZZ,

Thanks for writing in!

When inserting a section, the default Row element is the latest one. if you want to use the classic row so that you can make use of the classic element, please find the Gear or Cog icon in the lower left cornerstone and then find the Preferences > Content Layout Element and select the “Classic Row” element to be the default child when adding new sections.

And if you want to use the classic elements, please go to X > Settings > Permissions and make sure that Classic elements are enabled.

Hope this helps.

No, this did not help. Why is the Classic Column no longer an available feature in the Elements section?

We’ve made no changes from our end on X settings and features - so this has to be something X theme has done from their end.

I’m not looking for rows, I’m looking for columns, the Classic Column feature.

I changed the preferences to Classic, and it’s still not working. In fact, when I change the row to 3 columns, it only gives me TWO columns repeatedly. Please advise as to why the 3 columns no longer works?

Hey @POPFIZZ

When you first add section or a row element, you will be presented with a “Choose a Layout” option in the preview area. This choice is used to determine the initial number of column elements. If you later change the Column Layout while inspecting a row, you are determining the sizes of columns but not creating new ones. You will need to do this above in the Columns sortable by clicking “Add Column”. This is a different paradigm than the previous element, but gives you more control over your layout - especially at different breakpoints.

To have a classic column, you’ll need to add a classic section. To do this, hold cmd on Mac or ctrl on Windows and click the “Add Section” button:

To learn more, please see the FAQ section here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-0-x-7-0-cornerstone-4-0/64267

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @POPFIZZ,

You seem to have deleted your replies. Please let us know in case you still have questions. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Yes - so I got it figured out. But, I find this new interface that our entire backend of our X theme is changed over to now on the left-hand side when working on pages extremely confusing.

How can I change it back to the way the features were before to be able to easily edit our website that we’ve been on for 3 years?

I’m not interested in learning how to work with an entirely new format now in our website again. I don’t have the time for it, unfortunately.

The whole drop-down left-side menu makes no sense now, and the entire interface is changed.

@ Themeco Staff – any chance we’re getting the fade effects back in the v2 rows and columns?

Kind of sucks we have to choose between either using v2 rows and no fade columns or using classic rows with fade columns. That little effect really brought simple websites to life! :slight_smile:

Why is there another public user commenting on my post? That’s never happened before. So my inquiries in support are not private? They’re all public?

@POPFIZZ Generally speaking forum posts are visible to other users, that way you can find solutions that other people might have asked about before. That’s how I found your post too :slight_smile:

You can use the ‘Secure note’ button on the right side of each post to add confidential information only visible to Themeco staff.

@skndal I think the fade effect for v2 columns will be added back, but there is no ETA. There are many changes with v2 structures and the fade implementation will be different.

@POPFIZZ The UI changes along with its features so it can’t stay the same. And the only way to get the same UI is by installing the older versions, but at the same time, lacking of the features of the newer version.

The new features give you full control on how the layout should be displayed per each device, and you’ll have to add the columns manually. Example, from your screenshot

But, if you add an empty section or row, it will automatically give you an option of how many columns and layout

But since your page has existing content, then you’ll have to manage the layout and add columns manually. I personally think this feature is better than the previous one where you can’t select how the layout should behave per device. Though, the only option you have to get the old UI is installing old theme and cornerstone.

Thanks!

Thank you for explaining it more thoroughly and with the visual example above. So in THIS NEW version, what’s different is, we can & should create and edit both the desktop and mobile version in the SAME screen?

Hello @POPFIZZ,

In this new Row element, you can define the columns in different screens sizes at once.

It is best that you check out our videos:

Please do not forget to check out other videos too!!

And subscribe to our channel for more updates, tips and how to videos.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.