Weird letters "fl" showing in menu

I’ve got some weird letters “fl” showing in my menu and I have no idea where they came from. I think they are somehow connected to search and I’m not seeing them on the menu. How do I get rid of them?

Hello Jim,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and don’t see the issue showing up there. Also the navigation items are also different then that’s shown in the screenshot. If you are developing the website on a staging server, can you please share the website URL so we can take a closer look at the setup?

Having said that please make sure you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone which as of today is 7.0.4 (X Theme) and 3.0.4 (Cornerstone).

Thanks.

Just updated X theme as well as Cornerstone. Here’s the page of the website I used the screenshot from where I encountered the issue: http://storycrafting.net/blog/

Thanks!

Hello Jim,

I have checked your blog page today and I do not see any issue.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.