Weird issue with my checkout page always opening halfway down the page

As the title says, I’m having a strange issue with my checkout page. Instead of loading at the top of the page like normal, it starts you halfway down the page upon loading. It’s kind of hard to explain, so here’s a screenshot - all I did was click the checkout button, and here’s where it puts me: https://imgur.com/TENYf6r

Any ideas on this? Obviously I want users to start at the top of the page, I don’t want everyone to always have to scroll up.

I’ve included the link to my checkout page in a secure note so you can view the issue yourself. However, please note: there must be a product in the cart, otherwise it will just say “cart is empty”.

Thanks!

Hi there,

To make sure that this is not a problem caused by the external reasons I suggest that you follow up the steps below:

• Make sure that you have the compatible version of the Woocommerce with Pro, for more information kindly read the version compatibility article:
  • https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195
  • Deactivate all 3rd party plugins except Woocommerce and check the case
  • If you are using a Child Theme change it to the Parent theme and see if you experience the same problem. If not it is something related to the customization of the Child Theme
  • Change the theme from Pro to the default theme of the WordPress to see if the issue is happening in the Woocommerce itself or something related to our theme.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the tests above to have a better information to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I am also having this same problem. outdoordogsupply.com is my URL.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! Please do the suggestion above. And clear your caching plugins as I am seeing this error on your site.

screenshot

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Ok. I just cleared the caching. But it is still doing it.

Hi There,

Everything seems normal on my end.

Please clean your browser cache and test it again.

Thanks!

It’s still doing it on my end. I’m not sure how to fix it.

Hi there,

I think it’s because of Woocommerce autofocus, and some of the fields have autofocus that triggers the scrolling. And by looking at, the autofocus is set to shipping’s first name which is hidden. Please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php

function disable_autofocus_firstname($fields) {
    $fields['shipping']['shipping_first_name']['autofocus'] = false;
    return $fields;
}
add_filter('woocommerce_checkout_fields', 'disable_autofocus_firstname');

Thanks!

Perfect. Thank you so much

Glad to hear it,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.