Website posts's format change in Microsoft edge & IE browsers

Hi,

This is a post example https://tarekrabaa.com/issues/البرقية-المنقولة-303/
The format of the page is different than the designed. I open it in Opera browser it is OK, but when using IE or Microsoft edge there is a delay in loading (a problem) and it loads like a mobile site.

Any idea?

Thx

Hey @tarekr,

Regretfully, you have made layout customizations to the Single Post which are not cross-browser compatible. You will need to consult a third party developer to make it compatible with IE.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,
The change i did using the PRO editor which is expected to be compatible with all browsers.
It is a non profit website and i will not look for a third party developer.
I already made changes to the main page, and i have not this problem…

The problem is in your theme because the customization i did was with the help of the support team in this forum.

Our theme is cross-browser compatible. It is the customization done that is not.

If the problem is in our theme, please switch to the parent theme and remove all customizations you have done even with the guides you got from this forum. This is so we could see the layout issue caused by our theme.

If the layout you want is not available in our theme, we can point you to the right direction and I believe that was done as you have described. But, it does not mean that we’ll continue with custom development. We’re sorry if this wasn’t made clear.

The custom codes given in this forum were only meant to provide guidance to help users extend the theme. They are not part of our products and neither they are covered in our product support.

Please see our Terms

I understand your site is non-profit but custom development is a paid service that we currently even do not offer. I recommend that you use what’s currently offered in our products.

More features will be available in the future which will include a Layout Builder. By then, you will not need the customization you’ve made for the single post layout because you can create a template for single post. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/status-report-february-1-2019/52222

I hope you understand our position too.

when the layout builder will be available?
This is not acceptable to have a theme not compatible wiith all browsers when doing simple customization.
At least provide me with a hint or document to know which customization are cross browsing compatible and those which are not.

The customization i did for posts were just related to the margins and padding. If this not compatible with all the browsers, why then those customizations are offered in the theme?

I’m sorry but we do not have an ETA as to when the layout builder would be available.

As I’ve said, our themes are cross-browser compatible. Here’s a screenshot taken from our Themeforest sales page.

We don’t just claim it to be. We’ve tested it. The original single post layout of Integrity stack which you’re using is this: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/5-reasons-you-need-the-x-theme/. Check it in IE 11 if it’s broken because it’s not on my end.

It is your customization which breaks the theme. That is whether it’s simple or complex and whether you’ve taken that from this forum or not .

You might want to start with your code that made the entry-thumb float to the left. That is all I can provide. That’s just not margins and paddings. Even with margin and padding, if you don’t understand how they work and you have applied them to places where they’re not supposed to be added they could break a layout.

To your question:

All customizations powered by Theme Options and Cornerstone or our builders in general are cross-browser compatible.

If you mean custom codes you got from this forum then they’re not tested. As I’ve said, they’re only here to provide guidance to help users get started with extending our theme. We do not maintain them including fixes and enhancements. We do not offer theme customization as part of our product support. Please read our Terms.

Thank you for understanding.

I solved it.
It was very simple to solve.
I just add this to CSS:

.x-root { direction:RTL; }

Cool, glad you sorted things out and thank you for sharing the solution

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.