Website Pages Garbled & Cornerstone Will Not Load

Not sure if it was an update, but Cornerstone will no longer load and all of our pages are garbled.
www.noahsarkpediatrics.com

Hello @azmagabooks,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website and can confirm that Cornerstone is not loading. Further testing, I see in dev tools that code-editor.js file is not there on the server. Here’s the exact error message Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) code-editor.js:1.

I suggest you to deactivate and delete Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins. After that visit X > Validation to automatically install Cornerstone and see how it goes.

Thanks.

I deactivated Cornerstone deleted it. Then I visited X > Validation and it reinstalled. However, it still does not work. What else can I try?

I deactivated the Cornerstone plugin again and logged into FTP to verify the plugin files where deleted. The wp-content > plugins > cornerstone folder was deleted. Then I reinstalled the plugin again by visiting X > Validation. I went back to the FTP and the cornerstone folder was installed. However, it did not install http://noahsarkpediatrics.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/css/admin/code-editor.css or http://noahsarkpediatrics.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/css/admin/code-editor.js. How can I fix this?

Hello @azmagabooks,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In that case can you please share FTP login details in secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Here is the login info: (You must use SFTP)

Hello @azmagabooks,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I have resolved the problem and Cornerstone is working fine now. I first deleted Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins. To make sure Cornerstone assets is deleted completely, I logged into the FTP and verified the same under /wp-content/plugins/.

Next, I downloaded a fresh copy of Standalone Cornerstone installable file and manually installed the same from Plugins > Installed Plugins. I then cleared cache and tried to open few pages in Cornerstone. Now Cornerstone builder is working fine. Please see recorded screencast.

In future if you want standalone version of Cornerstone, you can get the same by downloading the full package of X Theme by clicking on All Files and Documentation link from Themeforest downloads section. Please unzip.extract the files of the download folder and under extensions directory, you can get the Cornerstone zip file.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.