Website Not Indexing

Hi,

Yes, it takes time for google to index your site.

Please also check and make sure this setting is uncheck.

Thanks

Yes, I did that. Made sure sitemap.xml file looks good and robot.txt is good as well. I can’t find any of the typical suspects as to why the website is not being indexed.

Hi,

In that case we just need to wait for google to re index your pages.

I checked and this is the latest page I found in google results,

Please note that we have no control over google and as far as the theme is concerned we are not blocking anything.

Thanks

Changed for privacy.

Hello @mrstreilein,

It’s been a while that the site has been updated. It is evident in the site’s sitemap.xml
https://www.gocustombuilders.ca/sitemap_index.xml

Please try to regenerate the sitemap.xml with Google XML Sitemaps (another XML sitemaps plugin) and probably submit to Google so that it will be re index.

It would also be good for your to check out this articles:

Please understand that X theme or Pro theme does not interfere with the sitemaps or from being cache/ reindex by search engines.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

This site had updates on October 7th, 2018 and some in late September as well, so not that long ago. Yet we the website on July 12th - July 15th.

Yet Google is not indexing any of the new content from then.

The site is being rebuilt to see if this solves the issue, I was just hoping someone else could spot some random not so obvious error.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Hello @mrstreilein,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your site settings?
To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Got that, I’ll send some logins now.

Hi @mrstreilein,

Looks like it’s now indexed, the cache also says “It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 9 Oct 2018”. And I’m not seeing the results from your screenshots either. Could you try it again? Perhaps you’re expecting to see different results?

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

I think I might have found the issue, though I need to wait a few days for Google to index and update search results to be sure.

It seemed that the sitemaps were not being updated when new changes were done in Cornerstone. So I would update the meta content/pages in Cornerstone, but that would not update the sitemap and I think Google was not recrawling the page because of that. So, if press “update”, it then updates the sitemap so Google will then crawl the website.

Hello @mrstreilein,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

Still have to wait and see if it works :wink: . For some reason, Google has not indexed the new homepage, but did index the new about us page c.ontent I’ll wait and see though.

Sure, let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Honestly, the part that confuses me most is how Google indexed this thread faster than has indexed changes to the website.

Hi,

Sorry but we have no idea as well as to how google algorithm works.

I suggest you consult with an SEO Expert to analyze your site and have it optimized for search engines.

Thanks

I do know a thing or two about SEO/Search Engines. This is the first time I’ve had difficulties getting Google to index new content.

Hey @mrstreilein,

Google does not have any clear guidelines on how they are indexing a site. They only give this:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

and you can submit the URL here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url

Yes, thank you. I know all of this too :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.